“Amazing view but...”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 1
Description: Please join us at the recently renovated Conservatory with a new Modern Beach House design as inspired by our breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean, golden sunsets and the pristine beaches of our Northern California coast. Relax and enjoy a new menu of homegrown, handcrafted cuisine by Chef Michael Riddell as well as draft cocktails with an innovative spin on the classics.
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

The drink we had was very tasteless. A real shame for such a place. I think this place has one of the most breathtaking views in the world, they should care a little bit more about drinks and maybe bring some peanuts...

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We went to Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay's outdoor Cafe and Bar on a weekend to have lunch. The unobstructed views of the ocean are just spectacular. Food is simple snack type, drinks are made outdoors near the tables, nothing to brag about.

I drove a vintage Jaquar - had it valet parked. They parked it right at the front door front center. Only had to walk 20 feet to get the car. And parking is FREE.

I can see why this spot is chosen for many weddings. Will definitely go back for lunch anytime.

Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

I expected more. Having been to several Ritz's I was expecting premium everything. Even with the Cali laid back vibe... And my adjusted patience, I still expected more. The view is worth the drive (or turn off if heading south on highway 1). It's stunning. The food was decent. I had bolognese due to the chill and it was fairly good. The wine list well done. But what ruined it for me was the service. Slowest. Service. Ever. My waitress disappeared. Seriously. I saved 1/2 my pasta for a second glass and by the time she came to check on me and the 2nd glass came I was finished with my meal. I could hear her talking shop for 20
Minutes while I enjoyed the view. Finally, I had to get up and go to the bar to pay my tab. Which is fine. I'm not lazy. And pretty chill. But when my tab is 80.00, for a single, I expect more.

1  Thank BrantleyC
Reviewed 18 June 2013

After an afternoon stroll along the newly gentrified (and very cute) downtown of Half Moon Bay, we thought it would be nice to have a casual meal at the Ritz Carlton. The hotel has lovely ocean views and garden seating, and the restaurants have large windows overlooking both. As for our food: the Warm Goat Cheese appetizer was very simple (not better than I make at home), the Curried Vegetable Soup and the Clam Chowder both tasted good, but the chowder was atypically thin, and our English Pea Ravioli on Corn Coulis (returned to be heated) had little filling and were placed in a bland cream sauce scattered with peas and corn. I was embarrassed having to salt this dish, which did little to improve it's taste.

1  Thank 5heartfamily
Reviewed 17 June 2013

A group of us had lunch at this restaurant in the Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay, CA. First we had drinks on the outside patio which had a magnificent beach view. It is ironic that there is no charge for the priceless view and the drinks are so expensive. We could not stay outside very long because it was cold and windy. They also did not serve any food outside. We got a table near a large window in the sporty dinning room. The lunch menu was very limited and and every thing on the menu was quite expensive. Our server was young and pleasant. She was also very professional and friendly. The view from the widow was amazing. We mostly ordered hamburgers with French fries and a couple of salads. The food was very average and expensive. I believe the drinks in the dinning room were even more expensive than the outside bar. However I am not sure of this. We had a great day but spent a lot of money for a few hamburgers, fries, a couple of small salads and some drinks. I will go there again just for the ocean view. I guess I should not complain since since we had lunch at the Ritz. I am sure their cost basis is very high.