“Not what I expected. Not authentic at all”
Review of Tres Amigos

Tres Amigos
Ranked #20 of 96 Restaurants in Half Moon Bay
Cuisines: Mexican
Warren, Michigan
“Not what I expected. Not authentic at all”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Being a traveler from out of state, I yearned for an authentic Mexican food experience in California. Pulling up to this restaurant, it appeared to be exactly what the doctor ordered. However, what I expected and what I experienced were two different things. The ordering process was not "user friendly" at all (you don't know what you are ordering and the staff is of no help at all.) Once ordered, you get unlimited nacho chips and various salsas which was nice. They bring your order to the table, pseudo fast food. I ordered the WET burrito (which means a burrito with a chile-con-carne salsa sauce poured over it, in my opinion). What I received was a standard burrito (not WET) The taste of the burrito was nothing like "authentic" Mexican fare (have eaten in many find Mexican establishments, including in Mexico itself, so I know what is good!) The food was fairly dry and bland. I ate the entire thing but was very unsatisfied: tasteless! Perhaps they have other dishes here which are better but my meal was very forgettable.

• Visited August 2014

Burlington, Vermont
“Perfect place for authentic Mexican food!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We enjoyed this restaurant so much that we went twice in our 24 hours in Half Moon Bay. Right on Highway 1, this seems to be a family run business that never slows down. A walk-up counter to order and they bring your order to the table. Meals arrive quickly, generous portions and reasonable prices. This is not a fancy place and there is not a huge selection but they excel at what they do and it is frequented by locals which is always a good sign. Highly recommend!

Visited June 2014
Rocklin, California
“Great Mexican Food”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great stopping place to eat really good Mexican food. Easy access as it is right on Hwy 1 in Half Moon Bay. They have an open salsa & chip bar, so you help yourself. The food is hot and fresh, made right there. The spices are great, loved the fish tacos - red snapper - not fried. The enchilada dinner platter is great too! The service is great, prompt and friendly. You cant beat it.

• Visited May 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great food, chaotic spot, but perfect for a quick lunch”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

The food was excellent and authentic. If you are a looking for a quick lunch with good service, self serve salsa and chips bar, and overall zesty jumpstart your afternoon, this spot is for you! Highly recommend the tacos, as they were simply amazing, and you can't beat the prices!!

Visited May 2014
Zürich, Schweiz
“favorite burritos”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I used to come here in the 80's. It was my cousin's and my favorite take away place. I always got the vegi burrito. These days the burritos are much smaller which is better because 1 Person could hardly eat the whole Thing!

Visited April 2014