“great sand”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$399.00*
and up
Monterey Bay Coastal Day Trip from San Francisco...
More attraction details
Owner description: Broad and sandy beach stretching more than four miles features campground facilities and trails for hikers and horseback riders.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

nice place for a picnic and the sand is very soft but the water is cold. Still and great place to walk along the beach

All reviews
in 47 reviews
"waves"
in 54 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I did not want to pay $10 to take one last photo of the beach, so I made a U-turn and parked in the neighborhood. I got a good view of the State Beach. It also had a campground (that was full).
What a beautiful beach! Every inch of it was picturesque, with wonderful hiking trails, dotted by relaxing benches to sit and savor.
It was foggy & damp the 1st 2 days I was there, but the day I left, the sun came out (go figure), & it was gorgeous. Very windy & cool at all the beaches, but that's why I came - to escape the Texas Furnace!
When I got up to leave, a horseback riding expedition passed by me - what a treat!

1  Thank Denise D
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It was the warmest day, around 65 degree, but super windy the day we decided to check this beach out. We brought a picnic-there are like 15 or more picnic tables right by the parking lot. Yes, it's $10 to park, but with two toddlers, it was worth it. We purchased a kite and some sand pails in town at the local dollar store. Don't forget jackets and a hat that stays on in the wind! The beach was busy but not crowded. Some of the kids even braved their toes into the water. It's perfect sand for sand castles, and perfect wind for flying kites. We were able to get the cheap kite up and just hook it to our camping chair we brought while we built castles and it stayed up the whole time! There are restrooms, but we didn't need them so I can't speak to their condition. I assume they were well taken care of because the whole park seemed clean and neat. We were able to refill our water bottles as well near the park office. Watch out for local fruit stands on the way-delicious berries!

1  Thank Lisa A
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Very clean The views are fabulous the water is great! Going at low tide you can walk the whole thing. We walked both at high tide and low.

1  Thank Nunz16