Landis Shores - An Oceanfront Bed and Breakfast Inn
US$1,033
US$956
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Beach House at Half Moon Bay(Half Moon Bay)(Great Value!)
US$300
US$226
Half Moon Bay Lodge(Half Moon Bay)(Great Value!)
US$278
US$247
Official Site
Comfort Inn Half Moon Bay(Half Moon Bay)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$142
Harbor View Inn(Half Moon Bay)
US$209
US$203
Oceano Hotel & Spa Half Moon Bay(Half Moon Bay)(Great Value!)
US$287
Coastside Inn(Half Moon Bay)
US$178
US$174
Orbitz.com
US$168
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Fitness centre
All reviewswhirlpool tubgourmet breakfastwelcome basketgas fireplacesmall balconyrestaurant next doorbeautiful roomsound of crashing wavessan francisco airportrooms are comfortablelounge areavery pleasant staywine and cheeseoverlooking the beachincluded breakfastfresh fruitspectacular views
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Stayed for 4 wonderful day and 3 wonderful nights this last week for my birthday and I couldn't have had a better time. The staff were caring and concerned that i enjoyed my stay. I was in the corner San Francisco Bay room. The room was absolutely beautiful and I don't agree with another reviewers comments on the furnishings! everything was up to date and beautifully appointed. I would recommend this Inn to anyone who wants a beautiful room, friendly staff, and fabulous breakfasts. Can I also just say that this is one view I wouldn't have missed for the world. i will be back!!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are soundproofed however if you do not want a room facing the restaurant next door I would stay away from the russian river valley room and the champagne room. they both have views of water and the popular restaurant next door
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Isabella1957
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Stayed here for mother's day.... in the largest room... on the corner...Bordeaux. The furnishings desperately need to be updated. It's like staying in your grandmother's guest room. The private (TINY TINY TINY) deck is on the corner so the neighboring room's decks can't see you. (only one with this privacy) The ocean is LITERALLY a stone's through. It's just across the street and you are ON the edge of the street.

We saw multiple whale pods swimming by on both days... very very close. (I am local and have rarely seen whales THIS close to shore.) That and the bathtub were probably the best part of this visit. The staff at the front desk, only one person, was very stuffy. Almost annoyed to have you in their inn. It was odd. We had reservations and paid for the most expensive room in the place yet were treated like, "siiiiiigh....ooooo.k., you can come in" WHHHHAAAA????

For the location it is unbeatable. Will I return? Heavens no.

Room Tip: Get up very early and go down to the beach... it's covered in washed up sand dollars.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Whisk-Chef
Reviewed 23 May 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our tenth anniversary. We just stayed for 2 nights and enjoyed it thoroughly.
The service was excellent, we had in room massages which were just great. One night we walked to the marina in Half Moon Bay - a good 1/2hr walk but worth it, if you want to try some other cuisines. The Miramar Hotel down the street had the best outdoor fire-pits and chicken wings though and was a short walk.
We loved that we could leave our window with fly screen open all night and hear the waves crashing. The small patio/balcony is just big enough to sit out on and have a cocktail or two. There was wine and cheese served in the afternoon/evening which was a pleasant touch and it was great to have a game of scrabble in the lounge area.
On the minus side I thought the décor could do with updating and though the floors are heated the lack of any rugs or carpeting give the hotel a very cold look. If this was improved they would have got a 5 star rating.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Claire G
Reviewed 18 January 2013

We have stayed here three times before so thought we'd try somewhere different in half moon bay....what a huge mistake! We were there for half an hour and walked out. Im not going to name names, but it was an old inn on Main Street... We got there a bit early but weren't allowed to check in, so had to wait...then were advised the TV wasn't working but we could watch a movie...on VHS!! We thought..ok we can handle that, I was going to use my ipad to watch TV.....Wrong! their wifi wasnt working properly, that was the last straw. My husband went down to tell the owner we were leaving and he copped an attitude.... I was so shaken and upset.... We drove to Landis on the off chance they had a vacancy....thank God they did.
It's so comfortable here, they make you feel welcome and have everything you need. The wifi works, they have flat screen tv and not VHS but DVD so we can go to redbox and rent a movie if we want... We didn't have that option at the last place!
I am now sitting on my balcony drinking a glass a good Merlot, listening to the ocean and watching the sunset, my shattered nerves calming down.
Lesson learned...... Should have booked here in the first place!

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms are the best and worth the extra $$
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I stayed ten days at Landis Shores. It exceeded my expectations in everyway. The owners, Ken & Ellen couldn't have been more accomodating. Roxanne & Brian, who frequently work the front desk were right there anytime I had a special request. Ken tailored my breakfast to my personal preferences. The room was immaculate, the bed was comfortable, and Ken even moved a different chair into my room so I could curl up and read. What I liked best was the view. I stayed in the Bordeaux room and my view was perfect. On the warm nights I slept with the window and balcony door open so I could hear the sound of the ocean. This was the best vacation I've ever taken. Oh, the eveninng wine was a nice addition as well.

Room Tip: I recommend the Bordeaux room because it's balcony is more private than the others.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo