Landis Shores - An Oceanfront Bed and Breakfast Inn
Half Moon Bay Lodge(Half Moon Bay)(Great Value!)
US$278
US$270
Comfort Inn Half Moon Bay(Half Moon Bay)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$135
ComfortInn
US$226
US$1,033
US$956
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Beach House at Half Moon Bay(Half Moon Bay)(Great Value!)
US$297
Harbor View Inn(Half Moon Bay)
US$209
US$178
Oceano Hotel & Spa Half Moon Bay(Half Moon Bay)(Great Value!)
US$287
Coastside Inn(Half Moon Bay)
US$178
US$168
Hotels.com
  • Fitness centre
All reviewswhirlpool tubgourmet breakfastwelcome basketgas fireplacesmall balconyrestaurant next doorbeautiful roomsound of crashing wavessan francisco airportrooms are comfortablelounge areavery pleasant staywine and cheeseoverlooking the beachincluded breakfastfresh fruitspectacular views
sf
Reviewed 17 April 2006

First, let me say the view is wonderful from the balcony of this inn. The ocean is only meters away!
Unfortunately, the room does not live up to the view. The radiant floor tiles do not really get the room temperature up to the comfortable level. The furnishings are not distinct and lack character. The fireplace is gas, but nice. The balcony door lock was broken.
The breakfast is good, but i would not say it reaches to the gourmet level. Service is very good though.
Had this inn had fine cotton sheets, fluffy towels and a unique character, i would have rated it 5 stars.

• Stayed: April 2006, travelled on business
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Jose, California
Reviewed 23 January 2006

My wife and I spent the weekend at Landis Shores in Half Moon Bay. This quaint bed and breakfast located right on the water was a pleasant surprise to both of us. The rooms are fantastic, the staff are wonderful and the happy hour wines and breakfast are first class. If you are looking for a quick getaway anytime of the year, I would highly recommend this location. Affordability and quality, in my opinion, are unmatched in the bay area. My wife and I plan on making it back to this destination on a regular basis when we need that little weekend getaway.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Jose, CA
Reviewed 23 January 2006

My husband and I just spent a weekend in Half Moon Bay and stayed at Landis Shores. The oceanfront views were magnificant, I couldn't have asked for a more romantic place to stay. The service was wonderful and although we did not want to leave the confines of our beautiful room and balcony, it was such a pleasure to converse with the staff at Landis Shores, as well as the other guests. Overall, my husband and I give Landis Shores two thumbs up!!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 August 2005

We stayed here for 2 nights as a romatic weekend getaway and it was perfect. The rooms are comfortable and beautifully decorated. We kept the fireplace on almost the whole time. A full view of the ocean and the sound of crashing waves were beautiful. The whirlpool bathtub was the best i have ever used...i would go back just for the tub! the breakfasts were delicious- truly gourmet (apple cinnamon french toast with sausage one morning, and egg, cheese and green chile souffle with croissants the next), with a mind boggling assortment of teas and coffee available. breakfast was available in the common room or in our room, which was great. the staff was nice and helpful.
i can't say enough good stuff about this hotel. i would highly recommend it to anyone looking for peace and relaxation and pampering.

• Stayed: August 2005
1  Thank merrie02
Reviewed 5 May 2005

The waves break just across the road from your window and your room's own balcony. The bed is wonderfully comfortable, the furnishings simple, yet elegant. The floors are marble - and heated. Staff explained all the details in the room, and made sure that we were confortable.

The wine and snacks during the afternoon were both well chosen and yummy, as was the breakfast cooked (and delivered) by the innkeeper to our room.

This bed and breakfast was exactly as described on their website. An awesome place to stay, very friendly, professional, enthusiastic and attentive staff. Our room was sparkling clean (I am picky).

What is hardest to describe is going from a stress-filled week into a beautiful room filled with the sounds of the ocean. It was sooooo relaxing.

Also, sitting on the bed, looking out onto the ocean, we saw whales breach -more than one!!

Stayed: April 2005