“I definitely recommend this school”
Review of Sea, Surf & Fun

Sea, Surf & Fun
Ranked #1 of 11 Tours in Half Moon Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: We created the first French surf school in California. We are trying to get the French community of the bay area and tourists to surf, but at the same time we love to have American students too. We will teach you in French or in English depending on your preferences :)
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“I definitely recommend this school”
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I am extremely happy to report that Sea Surf Fun is a great school to learn how to surf with. Surfing in the Bay Area may be quite intimidating at first, but SSF makes the experience comfortable, enjoyable, and most importantly SAFE.

The Princeton Jetty is a beautiful place to learn how to surf . It is easily accessible, parking is free and close to the beach. There are no crowds to worry about either.

SSF provides good quality wetsuits so the cold water is no problem. The surfboards are good for beginners too.

Fabien is a GREAT instructor, he teaches in both French and English. I commend his knowledge and passion for surfing. He's very clear and professional with all his instructions, tips, and advice. There are only 4 students during the lesson, and Fabien spends equal amounts of time teaching and helping each student. He'll go over safety, popping up on the surf board, form, and gives tips and corrections throughout the lesson. He is very encouraging which makes the lessons enjoyable.

I'll be going to my 3rd lesson in a week or so, and Fabien's been very helpful in recommending wetsuits and surfboards to purchase. I appreciate his prompt replies to all my questions.

This is an amazing school, great location, and an awesome instructor. Attending lessons with SSF makes me confident that I will be a surfer one day :D

Visited May 2013
2 Thank SaharaEsti

• Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome time!”
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Fabien is amazing! I have taken two lessons from him and had so much fun both times. The first day the conditions were not the best but I never felt unsafe. He is very conscious of where you are in the water at all times and is always watching you to make sure you are okay. The second day, was even better! The waves were perfect and he helped me chose the waves and gave great instruction on when to paddle and stand up and would help push me into the wave... I might not have always listened but he did try :) He emphasizes safety first... which is a must to know and understand when you are learning to surf. I will definitely be taking more lessons! Also he has wet suits, booties and boards for you if you need them :) So if you are wanting to try surfing, and want to have an awesome time definitely take a lesson with Fabien!!

Visited March 2013
3 Thank CarolynL3
Paris, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A wonderful way to learn”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I had my first surfing lesson in this wonderful setting. Great coach, perfect conditions, and we had the sun with us in February. Two hours is plenty to begin with...
We even had a bonus: the visit of a sea lion.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Jacky N
Oakland, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great place to learn to surf”
Reviewed 8 February 2013

If you've ever wanted to try surfing, please don't try it on your own. It's not easy and can be quite dangerous, but if you find the right teacher in an ideal setting you will have great fun while experiencing the beauty of the ocean. Sea, Surf, and Fun is the surf school to call if you are interested in learning to surf. Their prices are very reasonable compared to others in the area but they do not short change you on their equipment or instruction.
There is an emphasis on safety lessons and stretching before starting the "fundamentals" on the beach and then you hit the water. Fabien the coach is never far from you while you try to stand up and he instructs, shouts out encouragement, and will help you push off to catch waves. He doesn't overbook his lessons so he is able to give all his students the proper attention necessary and he is as eager to have you stand up on the board as you are. You can tell he is having fun sharing his knowledge of the sport and even though not everyone ends up like Kelly Slater after the first lesson it is a wonderful experience to sit out on the ocean and be one with the water. Sea, Surf & Fun is the ideal place to learn, have fun, and experience the Pacific Ocean.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank hatchgeek
Nice, France
“fantastic”
Reviewed 26 September 2012

This is fantastic.
I had my first surf lesson at the age of 53. They started from the very beginning: security, a bit of theory, position on the board, “take-off” practice and warm up. Then “go to the water”. I was not really reassured but the instructor put me comfortable by being with me during the whole course and by constantly instructing me. After patience and small corrections, they succeeded to make me stand up on the board and I rode all the way. Yeah !! After only 1h and 30 minutes. Thank you so much for this important start. You have convinced a new surf fan.

Visited September 2012