“Interesting combinations.”

Price range: US$31 - US$80
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed 1 March 2013 via mobile

Very nice atmosphere. Varried menu with eclectic combinations. I had diver scallops with risoto, bok choy and turmips that came with it and. turned out very tasty. The marscipone cheese was not a good compliment. My wife had salmon that was also good with turnips and pear that also turned out tasty, however the sauce was mostly just sweet.

Reviewed 25 November 2012 via mobile

There are not very many restaurants open on thanksgiving but this place is. We were very happy with our meals on Thursday. The food was fresh, creative, and not too overdone. I did not feel the same feeling of "I'm going to explode any minute" that I do when attending a family members thanksgiving dinner. Definitely recommend trying thanksgiving here! The price is set at 50 dollars and there is a prefixed menu. The pumpkin soup was out of this world. I look forward to trying this place again on a non-holiday.

1  Thank Sarah M
Reviewed 2 October 2012

So most locals will tell you to stay away from this place, that it has been mis-managed in the past. We took a chance and hosted a business dinner here simply because it has great private rooms. The ambiance is very charming and tuscan in decor. It was a great environment for our group. And there were raving reviews from everyone on the food. The service and staff were fantastic. Really, no negatives about this place, other than it lacks the views that some of the other restaurants have. Definitely a recommend from us.

1  Thank WBS4EVER
Reviewed 17 June 2012

While it's correct that the menu isn't as broad as some place in San Francisco, something from pasta to fish to chops to duck to beef is available but the sauces are what make the food. After nibbling the entire table's orders, I can say they were uniformly excellent. Plus, they were unique, at least to my taste buds -- and delicious. I rated the service very good, the ambiance excellent, and the owner pleasant and reassuring (we were in a large wedding party). Seems the bay area's high dining standards are being challenged in Half Moon Bay.

1  Thank Nail56
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I found this place on opentable and loved the reviews that I read there. The building is beautiful, on a corner in Half Moon Bay. The ambiance is very elegant at Cetrella, we were seated in the dining room by the fireplace. The night we dined here they were offering a 3 course Prixe Fixe menu for $25 which was was a great value.

Our first course was a delicious soup, very smooth and creamy. Second course was the Filet Mignon with Steak Frites. Tender, moist and delicious! My Raspberry Lemon Drop was perfectly prepared, also. Dessert was the Lemon Cake with Blood Orange Sorbet which was also heavenly.

Our service throughout the meal never skipped a beat and the owner was pouring wine and chatting with the diners. Cetrella is dining perfection in Half Moon Bay, we can't wait to return again. :)

1  Thank syrahgirl