“Fresh, fine dining”

Dining style: Fine Dining
California
“Fresh, fine dining”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My husband and I dined at Cetralla's recently. The food was outstanding and the ingredients are extremely fresh. We had the Little Gem salad, delicious. My husband had the pork chop, one of their signature entree's, it was tender and fling. I had the fresh salmon with artichokes, the serving was not large but it was satisfying and the salmon was extremely fresh. For dessert we shared the cherry sorbet - fresh and tangy. Their coffee is delicious as well. Excellent service.

• Visited July 2013

San Jose, California
“Pricey but well worth it”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

The food was very well prepared, so is the setting of the restaurant. Try anything you like, you won't be disappointed.

Visited April 2013
Auckland
“Food and Service to beat the big boys.”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

In the small settlement of Half Moon Bay is a restaurant that can make it with the best the Cities have to offer.
We went to Cetrella for dinner when staying a The Seal Inn along the road at Moss Beach. We had been traveling for a few days staying in smaller towns and had found really good food hard to come by, but not here.
We were warmly welcomed, and when I mentioned I'd like to sit close to the fire they cleared a 4 place table for the 2 of us to oblige. The menu was varied and very enticing, and although I seldom have more than one course I indulged in three that night. If you are looking for the huge portions typical of many restaurants in America, don't come here. The food was of the size to tempt the palette and leave you looking forward to the next course, not feeling over full before your main arrived, and it was beautifully cooked and tasted wonderful.

It was the best eating experience we had had in America.

Visited April 2013
Half Moon Bay, California
“One of our favorites”
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Always welcoming and friendly, consistently high quality food and wines. A nice, relatively quiet atmosphere where you can actually speak and be heard across the table. I like the fireplace and have never been uncomfortably hot or cold, unlike another reviewer. We come here for special occasions.

• Visited January 2013
San Jose, CA
“Limited Menu and way over priced.”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Came with friends for a special occasion. Dining area dominated by fire place which was belting out a lot of heat which made our meal very uncomfortable. We opened some windows but were asked to close them by folks behind who were "cold" Typical appitizers were priced @ $11+. My wife had the duck course, the duck was rubbery and jelly like. I could go on. Won't be going back.

• Visited February 2013