“Don't waste your time or your money!!”

Cameron's Restaurant & Inn
Ranked #28 of 97 Restaurants in Half Moon Bay
Cuisines: American, Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Napa, CA
“Don't waste your time or your money!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

We should have listened to the girl at the front desk of our hotel and gone to Barbara's Fish Trap. This place ruined what should have been a nice weekend. We pull into the parking lot which was PACKED...you'd normally think this is a good sign. We went inside and couldn't figure out where all the people were...plenty of open table for the amount of cars outside. FYI - I get that it's a "pub", but the hard wooden benches and chairs and dark décor suck. ALL doors wide open, so make room for the flies. We came to find out that the reason so many cars were in the parking lot were because there is apparently a playhouse right next door, who not only hijack all of the parking spots for this restaurant's patrons, but the bathrooms as well. They know all about it, the waitress warned us that soon a parade of people would be in to use their restrooms. So, about 5 minutes after we found this out, sure enough here they came. So, we're trying to sit there and enjoy our beer, and we are literally surrounded by a line of no less than ten women and maybe 5 men right next to our table waiting to use the bathroom. The bathrooms are maybe 2 feet from a whole row of customer tables. We had already moved once to avoid this awkwardness and really didn't want to have to get up and relocate again. We ordered an appetizer as well as our meals, and all of the food came out at once. Our waitress, who was completely overwhelmed finally had a chance to come over and say, "Oh sorry, I did actually circle that to come out first." Wow you did? You have to TELL your kitchen that appetizers are supposed to come out first? So at this point, we really didn't even want the overpriced appetizer, were growing increasingly frustrated with the potty parade and the razor thin waitstaff. I barely touched my fish n chips because I was really not in the mood to eat anymore at this point. The only thing they didn't screw up was the beer...when we finally got it. I paid $70.00....that included a minimally obligatory tip....for lousy service, a bathroom show, and mediocre food that I barely ate. Don't waste your time unless you like to have your night ruined.

2 Thank Stefani T

San Bruno
“Interesting place - food just okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

Fun for kids - they have an arcade inside as well as a basketball hoop and tetherball outside(haven't played that in a million years). The English Bus is interesting to look at however smells like cigarettes - people smoke in there. Lot's of interesting things to look at all over the walls as well as autographed photos of celebs -

Food is very average - a lot of it seemed prepackaged instead of fresh, not great however I thought the fish and chips were really good! I had there English pastie which was beef, potatoes and some veggie in a pastry shell with gravy - really didn't care for the taste much - also seemed prepackaged - but they have a lot on their menu so you may find something you like!

Pleasanton, California
“Fun Place for Saturday Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Four of us were in half Moon Bay on a Saturday and decided to try Cameron's. We were delighted with the large beer listings and plentiful menu choices. Then we saw the shuffleboard and darts and we ended up stretching lunch out! Started with the onion ring stack, in fact we ended up ordering them again before we left. The beer & beer combinations were great, shrimp salad was a good portion, fish 'N chips were are healthy portion. One of us ordered the Shepherd's Pie and found it a little 'soupy' but good.
They weren't very busy so our server was attentive and friendly. Great decor everywhere. As we were leaving we explored out back- hammocks, tether ball and ended up staying even longer for pics both out back and in front with all the British vehicles. Great, kick-back place for a lazy Saturday afternoon.

Los Angeles, California
“Not good at all...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

Went with my family to try British Fish & Chips, it was appalling, string fries and frozen fish, not what I expected from a British pub, all of the food appeared to be frozen and the waitress could have cared less.....keep driving past into Half Moon Bay....

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Howyclarke
“Don't Bother to Stop Here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Bottom Line First: Do NOT stop here unless you want to be over charged for less than mediocre food, subjected to an understaffed wait staff and rude behavior by members of the horribly bad musical group that plays on Friday evenings. I was there with a large annual family gathering last Friday and we had the bad fortune of finishing our meal as the band was setting up. We were rudely moved aside by members of the band and I was threatened by a member of the band when I objected to their interruption of the congeniality of our annual family gathering. I don't expect that I and members of my family will be meeting there again. You shouldn't either!

• Visited July 2013