“A little disappointing”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

Walked in wasn't greeted even after standing for a while. Took a seat, picked up the menu and finally was told I was sitting at a reserved table and I'd have to move. I asked where they'd like me to sit and I was given the option of the game room or the quiet room; I took the quiet room. I ordered the Maverick Ale and they were out so I then chose the Racer (5) IPA, good choice. My waiter suggested the Fish and Chips over the Meatloaf special. The fries were very good but the fish seemed like it was processed frozen fish. OK but far from great. Tried the pumpkin pie which was pretty good.
Overall, not really what I was looking for so I'll try other options while I'm in town.
Oh, almost forgot the lady with her dog in the bar. Not service dog btw.
No one ever came in to sit in the "reserved seat" I was chased out of. Go figure....

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I was born and raised in the Bay Area and have always passed this restaurant on my trips to the beach in Half Moon Bay. The place had also looked interesting, especially because it has a double decker bus parked out in the parking lot. Finally for my birthday this past year, I decided to try it out.

First off for a friday night, parking was actually easy. We did not have to a wait for table and were able to walk right in. We were greeted right away by our waitress and offered menus.

The food was good for a pub. They fashion themselves as a British pub so their menu offers British cuisine. I chose the fish and chips which was pretty decent and some of my other friend order the shepherd's pie which was actually pretty good.

The drinks were probably the highlight of the visit. They have the usual beer on tap but their cocktails and special drinks were the best. I ended up ordering a concoction of a pear cider mixed with a rainbow sherbet that was really sweet but super amazing!

Overall, it was a pretty good visit. It seemed kind of dead when we were there but the customer service was good, the food alright, and the drinks, awesome!! They also had a great options for seating when it came to our big group.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

We should have listened to the girl at the front desk of our hotel and gone to Barbara's Fish Trap. This place ruined what should have been a nice weekend. We pull into the parking lot which was PACKED...you'd normally think this is a good sign. We went inside and couldn't figure out where all the people were...plenty of open table for the amount of cars outside. FYI - I get that it's a "pub", but the hard wooden benches and chairs and dark décor suck. ALL doors wide open, so make room for the flies. We came to find out that the reason so many cars were in the parking lot were because there is apparently a playhouse right next door, who not only hijack all of the parking spots for this restaurant's patrons, but the bathrooms as well. They know all about it, the waitress warned us that soon a parade of people would be in to use their restrooms. So, about 5 minutes after we found this out, sure enough here they came. So, we're trying to sit there and enjoy our beer, and we are literally surrounded by a line of no less than ten women and maybe 5 men right next to our table waiting to use the bathroom. The bathrooms are maybe 2 feet from a whole row of customer tables. We had already moved once to avoid this awkwardness and really didn't want to have to get up and relocate again. We ordered an appetizer as well as our meals, and all of the food came out at once. Our waitress, who was completely overwhelmed finally had a chance to come over and say, "Oh sorry, I did actually circle that to come out first." Wow you did? You have to TELL your kitchen that appetizers are supposed to come out first? So at this point, we really didn't even want the overpriced appetizer, were growing increasingly frustrated with the potty parade and the razor thin waitstaff. I barely touched my fish n chips because I was really not in the mood to eat anymore at this point. The only thing they didn't screw up was the beer...when we finally got it. I paid $70.00....that included a minimally obligatory tip....for lousy service, a bathroom show, and mediocre food that I barely ate. Don't waste your time unless you like to have your night ruined.

2  Thank Stefani T
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Fun for kids - they have an arcade inside as well as a basketball hoop and tetherball outside(haven't played that in a million years). The English Bus is interesting to look at however smells like cigarettes - people smoke in there. Lot's of interesting things to look at all over the walls as well as autographed photos of celebs -

Food is very average - a lot of it seemed prepackaged instead of fresh, not great however I thought the fish and chips were really good! I had there English pastie which was beef, potatoes and some veggie in a pastry shell with gravy - really didn't care for the taste much - also seemed prepackaged - but they have a lot on their menu so you may find something you like!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Four of us were in half Moon Bay on a Saturday and decided to try Cameron's. We were delighted with the large beer listings and plentiful menu choices. Then we saw the shuffleboard and darts and we ended up stretching lunch out! Started with the onion ring stack, in fact we ended up ordering them again before we left. The beer & beer combinations were great, shrimp salad was a good portion, fish 'N chips were are healthy portion. One of us ordered the Shepherd's Pie and found it a little 'soupy' but good.
They weren't very busy so our server was attentive and friendly. Great decor everywhere. As we were leaving we explored out back- hammocks, tether ball and ended up staying even longer for pics both out back and in front with all the British vehicles. Great, kick-back place for a lazy Saturday afternoon.