“Old guard in a serene setting...”
Review of Navio

Navio
Reserve with OpenTable
Navio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 96 Restaurants in Half Moon Bay
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 1
Description: California Coastal Crusine
Bay Area, CA
“Old guard in a serene setting...”
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

The brunch is infamous. The location is pretty sweet. The price is way up there. The selection of dishes are quite broad. The traditional breakfast stuff is nails. The cold area is great. The first time I've had caviar and it wasn't intimidating. The smoked/cured fish was good. The pastries up front are very good and perfect sized. I was not too big a fan of the dim sum/Asian stuff. The lamb station had dry lamb with a great selection and of mustards. The seafood station was neat. The sushi was not what I was expecting at a RC. As strange as it sounds I thought the worst part about the nigiri was that the fish was too thick. I've never had a raw clam, I kinda like them better cooked. The crab claws and shrimp were nice. Desert section was pretty busy. Lots to try. My favorite section was the cheese and meats. I guess I'd sum it up with... The Las Vegas superbuffet has really spoiled me. RC seems to be one of the old school high end brunch buffets that have lasted because of great quality, amazing atmosphere and most importantly, amazing service. Our host or whatever you want to call it, was tops. Had good gab. Addressed us by our names and made us comfortable. Well worth the price and tip for that. Did I think some stuff wasn't up to my likings? Sure. Did I absolutely enjoy myself for an afternoon? Definitely. I'd go back but it have to be a while and a special occasion.

San Mateo, California
“Great Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We went here for brunch as the previous reviewers are strongly recommending. The price is high-end but the quality is high-end too so it does worth the try. I loved their endless caviar, crustaceans and tons of desserts.

3 Thank koba-sf
Belmont, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great atmosphere with an awesome view”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I brought my fiance here for a birthday dinner, and we had an awesome dining experience.
We sat in one of the booths, which offered the privacy we had wanted without taking away the view, which would have been amazing had there been daylight.
Our portions were very appropriate, and everything was absolutely delicious.
A half-bottle of Pinot Noir was perfect for the two of us.
Our only disappointement was that the complimentary bread was not freshly-baked as we had anticipated.

After dinner, we received some complimentary chocolates and marmelade, as well as a plate with a single candle and "Happy Birthday" written in chocolate(very nice touch).

Our last discovery was that we could close the curtains, making the booth absolutely enclosed. I'll leave the rest up to your imagination.

Silicon Valley
“Don't miss the brunch experience at Navio!”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Trust me, Navio has the best brunch near SF bayarea!! The staff are so friendly and just a wonderful environment for a wonderfully prepared brunch buffet. $100/person.

Visited January 2014
San Francisco
“Christmas Eve dinner”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We had not been to Navio in a little while, so we decided to go for Christmas Eve. It was busy, as it should be that night, and the bar area was welcoming as usual. I am not really sure on Christmas Eve why there has to be sports playing on screens above the bar, it's distracting and was not really the mood I was looking for, but there we are. We ordered some pre-dinner drinks and waited to be summoned for our booked table in Navio. Although we had checked in upon arrival and they knew we were there - they had told us to wait and they would summon us when the table was ready - no-one appeared. So, after waiting a while we went back ourselves and were seated. Apparently they have remodelled the dining area and changed the decor; not for the better. The way it has been done kind of cheapened it. when I am paying this much for a dinner I want to be in luxurious and plush surroundings; especially Christmas Eve in the middle of winter. However, it's all kind of plasticky bench seats and plasticky tables. Our server was amazing - great to see Dante again - he is always fantastic. The food was good, the wine selection excellent. I just think they need to pile on some luxury in the interior and not pack everyone together as much as they did. It's not exactly inexpensive and feels like you're eating in the local diner, nothing wrong with that but I don't expect to pay $400+ for the local diner.