“MMMMMMMmmmm”

Moonside Bakery and Cafe
Ranked #2 of 3 Bakeries in Half Moon Bay
Cuisines: Pizza, Central European, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are located in downtown Half Moon Bay and serve a full-line bakery with european style patries, breads, pies, cakes, desserts and wedding cakes. We also have a delicious menu for a fresh breakfast and lunch includes wood-fired pizza, salads and home-made sandwiches are served in a fast-casual atmosphere on real dishes. there is plenty of seating inside and out and take-out is available.
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This was one of our last stops before we left Half Moon Bay. We had to take home the fresh bread made daily and the cinnamon crisps. Great place for coffee and a fresh pastry. Every time we stood in line there was a local resident standing next to us for the fresh bread. Enjoy!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is a no-frills good eats breakfast joint in town.

Been here more than once and I will continue to have breakfast there whenever I am in town.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We have come here three times for breakfast now because we usually head over to the beach after to walk our dogs. The first time the food was pretty good, but wasn't terribly hot by the time we got it. Essentially, the way this place works is you step up to the bakery/food service counter and order from the specials/menu. We have had two encounters where the counter servers were barely polite and this last time, though I repeated my order to her twice, she still didn't get it right. Also, since the food takes so long to reach your table it is cool, and when my husband asked for some catsup, the server did a "Lurch impression" and pointed at a basket with some miscellaneous condiments with packets. There is a weird bathroom setup too. Apparently the locals know there is some kind of plastic basket hanging with a key that folks needing to go the bathroom are supposed to locate. That said, you wander around looking for a restroom and then are informed it is behind the door marked "Employees Only - do not Enter". As previously mentioned the food is reasonably good, but do not order a Belgian waffle--unless you want a soggy version. The flavor is very good, but it is downright rubbery. Having said all that, they have some beautiful pies and other bakery items. As far as their servers are concerned, they need to attend some sort of best practices workshop. I rarely comment on this kind of thing because I am highly aware of service people and that they are not as amply paid as some other workers. For this reason, I tip very generously, but these folks need to brush up on their service! BTW, it wasn't cheap!

Reviewed 2 April 2014

we stopped in because we were told they had the best cookies and such. They were very good. A very busy place to visit. I would probably try another bakery if you don't want to wait.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Located in downtown Half Moon Bay with great pastries and bread and coffee. Nice inside patio area. Check hours before you go however as we tried to go in the evening and it was closed.