“Sleepless nights in HMB”
Review of Half Moon Bay Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Half Moon Bay
Half Moon Bay Inn
Ranked #6 of 11 Half Moon Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Booked two rounds of golf at HMB old course and ocean course as part of a play and stay package. Golf was top notch but the stay at HMB Inn was disappointing. Rooms directly above the restaurant make for poor and VERY noisy night(s) rest. The late night noise from the restaurant to the loud clanging of pots and pans and furniture being slid around the hardwood flooring during clean up time to the early morning daily delivery trucks (5am) unloading food to the restaurant made for limited two nights rest. Rooms were clean/nice/small but would much rather spring the extra $$$$ and stay at the Ritz Carlton at the golf course....oh well lesson learned. Next time.

• Stayed: October 2013
4  Thank Gregg E
hmbinn, Owner at Half Moon Bay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

I'm so sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We are located in the heart of our small downtown area and have no control over the sounds that disturbed you. We do have other rooms that are located away from the street noise. We do our best to insure a pleasant stay for our guests. I hope that you will stay with us again in an interior room.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

So Romantic! I loved this inn. My Husband and I stayed here on an anniversary trip and LOVED it. Everything was clean and comfortable. We ate at the little italian restaurant right there and it was beautiful- and yummy. The little town is quaint- we were there in October 2011 during their pumpkin festival and the beach is only a few miles away.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Hillary A
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We were looking for a clean, safe, reasonably priced and dog friendly place to stay in half moon bay. The HMB Inn fit the bill. This is located right on Main St close to restaurants and some shopping. We stayed in the Piccola Stanza room #6 which is their smallest room but was comfy. Here are some thing worth mentioning.

They provided very nice dishes for our dog as well as a nice dog bed for the room. She loved the bed.

Room #6 bathroom window opens to the courtyard for a couple of the other rooms. I went to open the window and a man on a cell phone was staring back at me. Kind of awkward.

No bathroom fan. There is a window but you may not be able to open it - see comment above.

There is no air conditioning in the rooms so they can get stuffy in summer. The windows open but the restaurant seating is down below and the noise carries.

Bring earplugs noises carry in the hall and there is a restaurant downstairs.

The bed is very cushy and comfortable.

The provide excellent shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion. Also great towels.

Coffee is provided in the rooms.

All the rooms appear to be upstairs (3 flights). I didn't notice any type of elevator or disabled access.

You can park on the street or there is a lot across the st where you can park for free (just be sure and get a parking pass)

We enjoyed our stay here and would stay again. If we are staying for more than one night we woulda probably opt for a slightly bigger room.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Pixiepowered
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I stayed here in one of their cottage suites while on business travel - but will definitely come back with my husband for a long weekend. The inn is right in downtown Half Moon Bay - convenient walking distance to all of the great shops and restaurants (i.e., no parking or driving!). I was told the suites were recently renovated and they are simply adorable. Someone very creative did the design (like a tin bucket turned upside down as a light fixture), and the suite is very thoughtfully appointed with all of the basics you'll ever need - from coffee maker to drawer dishwasher to pots and pans - even a blender! The bed is super comfy, great tv, eclectic and comfortable design - just perfect! Highly recommend it for a stay in downtown Half Moon Bay!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Lauren T
Reviewed 31 May 2013

The staff was exceptionally helpful over the phone when making my reservation. I'd never been to this part of California coast before. I live in Houston. Anyway, the owner greeted me and my little Maltese upon arrival, with a friendly welcome chat. The room was lovely - especially the private enclosed upstairs patio to lounge on with a glass of wine. Everything was PERFECT and classy. Right down to the ORGANIC half and half for my freshly ground coffee the next morning!

I loved writing in and reading other entries in the bedside travel journal. I'm not the only one who loves this place!

Only small caveat - I'd been traveling for 3 wks and so had a huge, heavy suitcase. There is no elevator...and no one to help with luggage. I think most visitors are local and have a smaller, weekender suitcase.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Nancy H
Reviewed 12 April 2013

We just returned from a trip to California where we visited Carmel, Monteray Bay, Napa, and San Francisco. We stayed at various hotels along the way, ranging from a cute boutique hotel at Union Square and the Marriott in Napa Valley. All were excellent but we were totally blown away by the Half Moon Bay Inn in beautiful Half Moon Bay. The hotel has 15 charming rooms, a staff that can't do enough for you and beds that are so comfortable, you have that feeling of staying with an old friend. Jamie is a wonderful hostess and we enjoyed sipping some wine with her at the end of each day and learning about the area and it's history. This is a hotel that is not to be missed.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JimK604
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We have stayed at the HMB Inn about 6-8 times over the past couple of years, and have always loved it. The rooms are comfortable, the decor is charming and the extras -- in-room coffee services, locally-made toiletries, cozy robes -- make our stay less like a hotel and more like a visit to a welcoming home.

We've stayed in several rooms, including streetside. I'm not sure where the people complaining about street noise are from, as this is a very quiet location. If you are from a city of any size and used to real noise, the "noise" of Half Moon Bay will not be an issue...especially since everything closes up by midnight or so on weekends.

For dinner, try Pasta Moon, Cetrella and It's Italia. Big city food with small-town service and warmth.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple