“MORONIC”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Half Moon Bay
Pelican Point RV Park
Reviewed 29 January 2014

This place is in a lovely location. Unfortunately some moron has been let loose to write the most customer unfriendly rules ever known to any one who RV's. The moronic staff follows these rules to the T. Arrive slightly early for your reserved spot, and if there are 40 empty spaces you MUST LEAVE and come back after 1:00PM. Everything you have read on all these reviews about rudeness is absolutely true. They shouted at me that I must understand that if I took my class-C motor home out of the park to go shopping etc, or for any reason, they would charge me an extra day's fee when I came back if it was even just 5 minutes later. Best idea: keep your mouth shut when you check in after 1PM (but not much later) nod your head at all the stupid rules as if they are normal. Then enjoy the seashore walk around the Ritz Carlton golf course, hotel and the beautiful beach. THEN NEVER GIVE THESE MORONS YOUR MONEY AGAIN. Too bad for us all that they are in such a nice location that they have no idea how to manage or take advantage of what they have.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
15  Thank schwakes

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We have been to this RV park a few times before with friends and thought it would be a great place to go for the Half Moon Bay Pumpkin festival. Close enough to ride bikes downtown, great little beach. Thought we could invite our family to join us for late lunch - our friends had been there before with 11 people in their site and not one word was said to them so we thought it would be ok. When we booked the reservation and when we checked in we mentioned we would have visitors and both times were told it was ok and the lady did not mention anything about a limit. Boy, what a big mistake. They were so rude to us, even calling us names because we had 7 people at our site (with more on their way). We were limited to 6 people (including ourselves) and that was it. We offered to pay a full night for the site next to us which was empty (and remained empty beyond the next day) but were rudely told "no way". They actually threatened to kick us out. We sent most of our family to the beach (which was cold and foggy) and called/told the rest not to come. You have rules - ok I get that. But be consistent, up front and nice about it. There is no reason to call a great grandmother a "cheater" and tell her you are going to call the cops on her if she doesn't immediately leave (even though we already paid for her to be there). I cannot believe the level of rudeness that we experienced - it was off the charts. We are not the only ones that had bad experience with the rudeness of the staff this past weekend. We talked to two other campers that also experienced the same level of rudeness from them. I don't understand, you are in the service business - if you don't like people get out! We will NOT be back to the park ever again. We encourage anyone who is considering visiting not to. The only way to combat rude, lousy customer service to not to do business with them.

Room Tip: Anywhere but here.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
19  Thank Pam J
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Maiden voyage in our brand new fifth wheel and we couldn't have picked a better place...was weary after reading reviews on the tripadvisor site, but we are so glad that we came here. First, for us, it is only a 2 hr drive to this coastal rv park, and although it is not ocean front, from our site (#54) we could see the ocean. 2nd... the lady that checked us in could not have been more helpful! My husband mentioned that this was our first time and she personally helped him with perfect directions on how to back in our rig!!! (supposedly a 35'9", but when she measured, it came up 37'). 3rd, when we could not get our tv reception thru the cable, she sent her husband right over to come check our site's cable which was fine, so we knew it had to be something with our rig. After asking permission to enter our rig, he helped us figure it out!

Most of the sites allow you to park your vehicle right next to your rig, but also offer overflow parking onsite.
You are right next to the beautiful Half Moon Bay Ritz Carlton and Golf Course and a 3-5 min walk to the beach/ocean.

After dinner, we liked walking over to the Ritz Carlton for enjoying cocktails while watching the sunset at their outdoor fire pits.
We will definitely return!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank m0welsh
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I read reviews about this park and was astonished that people complained about quietness and rules. We loved it here. It was so peaceful and so close to the beach. If you want to party, don't come here. If you want peace and quiet, this is the place for you. The only downside? No firepit for smores.

• Stayed: July 2013
5  Thank luvs2travelRVer
Reviewed 26 August 2013

we made a reservation at pelican rv park. they have allot of rools but we say "may be for that it will be well caped". we came and ask apormision to clean the rv. the weomen said it is ok. sadenly came a gay and started shuting at us that we use allot of water (one pot...) and that if will not live in 5 minits he will call the police...
so we live and never go back.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
11  Thank michal v
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I was absolutely shocked by the attitude of the lady at the front desk. We showed up with 1 additional child than I had not told them while making my reservations ( How could I tell my daughter "no you cant bring your friend that doesn't get to do anything all summer" . As soon as I told the staff that I had an additional child, I was told " I suggest you stay somewhere else" I offered to pay for an additional space, because we were over the site limit, asked if we could stay just 1 night and find somewhere else tomorrow, basically I was just looking for any help, keep in mind this is a Friday night on the West coast and everywhere is booked and I have a motorhome full of kids.
Her only response was "you cant stay here" No, Im sorry , wish I could help, Nothing !
I did read some of the reviews on this site and just chalked it up to grumpy RV ers, etc. Boy was I wrong, I would sleep out in the rain,before I gave this campground one penny of my $ . I recommend the campground about 3 miles North, Pillar Point, theres really no amenities other than full hookups and cable, you are right on the water and the camp hosts are excellent !
I did mention the reviews to the girl at Pelican Points front desk and she replied " oh well,we don't care" Nice !

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
17  Thank Jarvis M
Reviewed 9 August 2013

This park is one of the most beautiful sites you will find for an RV park. Half Moon Bay is notorious for being windy, and this park is quite sheltered considering it is such a short walk to the beach. You can easily walk to town, or down to the beach for tidepooling. This is not a new property, and is becoming more of a "full timers" choice rather than a vacation rental. But it is clean, safe, and quiet, and the wife and co-manager has always been most helpful and pleasant. We have stayed here many times over the years and have never had a problem; we will be here again in October and December. Focus on the wonderful location; expect there to be absolute rules and regulations; and just roll with it.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple