“After the big Move”

Flavor
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We believe that reasonably priced "American Comfort Food" is a rapidly disappearing culinary cuisine in the Bay Area. We decided that we would not let that vanish. Providing a fine balance of basic tasty foods and exquisite culinary delights where comfort and creativity collide, we proudly present El Granada with our latest venture- Flavor. What is California Comfort Food? Simply put, it is an attempt to take some of the classic and not so classic comfort dishes and have our wonderful chefs add some sort of twist to them. We will always try to provide the freshest ingredients and attempt to use local and organic ingredients when possible. Devin / Francisco
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Flavor, my dining room away from home, right in our neighborhood. We have dined here more times than I can count over the past few years, the food is always excellent excellent excellent. The atmosphere used to be cozy, where everyone knew each other by name. However then progress came along.

The restaurant moved across the hwy. into the old Crab Landing building. This is now a beautiful facility, artfully decorated with a downstairs lounge featuring amazing bar bites and the main dining area is upstairs with a stunning view of the harbor and it's own menu.

However for me, the coziness disappeared. Much too big for everyone to know your name and we are now simply guests coming in for dinner, for the very 1st time to some staff. I do miss being greeted by name at my neighborhood restaurant.

The food is good, the place beautiful.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I must admit that I was a bit doubtful when we first drove up towards the restaurant as the place does look a bit outdated but that doesn't matter because the food is certainly good and they make their own hamburgers as one example. Yes, they have some way to go with the service because that is far from perfect but overall I am rather happy with today's visit.

Great value for money and a perfect place to stop by. My recommendation is to book a table before you arrive so that you don't have to wait in line.

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We were waiting for half an hour to be served in the outside seating area! Several waiters passed by ignoring us during that time. They didn't even bring the menus.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Having moved across the road to sparkling new premises only a few months ago, this restaurant has already acquired a huge following and deservedly so.
Good fresh food, particularly the sea food from the nearby harbor, served in huge comfort style portions is a sure fire winner. Service is friendly and fast. We tried the seafood chowder, loaded with prawns, crab, halibut, scallops and clams in a delicious white creamy sauce. There must have been a quart per portion of sheer perfection. And this was after a "special" starter of crab rissoles and dipping sauce. Those on the "turf" side were equally well served. The skirt of steak with garlic mash and pan braised sprouts was tender and tasty.
Unfortunately, with accompanying rosemary focaccia and balsamic dip, we had no room left for dessert, but next time we plan to visit we will skip lunch so we can do justice to the full experience

This has all the makings of a great success story. Get in now before the crowds find out about it.
Only drawback is that it can be a little noisy when full.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Not worth it. There are better restaurants in Half Moon Bay. Went a few times, but wouldn't go again.