“Good seafood”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hwy. 1
Description: Half Moon Bay Brewing Company is a warm oceanfront restaurant and brew pub at Pillar Point Harbor in Princeton-by-the-Sea Calif., four miles north of Half Moon Bay and 30 miles south of San Francisco.
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We stopped by for lunch. Good beer selection and tasty seafood. I had the seafood duo (i think that was the name- tuna poke and ceviche) my husband had the red snapper sandwich. Both meals were tasty (although the poke was on the salty side). We will definitely eat there again if we are in the area.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Some friends took us here for the first time. Excellent beer, starter portions very large,so somewhat pricey. Service busy but efficient.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

I've been coming the HMB brewing company for at least 10 years. The food is always good. Today I had the special grilled artichokes and they were amazing, I loved every bite! The clam chowder is much better than Sam's. The beers are fantastic and the whole vibe is so norcal - easy going - hang out and enjoy the view. I'd also recommend the burgers and the wild salmon!

1  Thank NBL94402
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I happened to catch a repeat episode of "Check Please!, Bay Area" on a PBS station and one of the restaurants was the Half Moon Bay Brewing Company. Since my wife and I were planning to take a Bay Area day trip, we went to Half Moon Bay and ate at the Brewing Company. It was well worth the trip! The staff was friendly, the view was great (we ate on the patio) and the food was outstanding. I had the signature burger with cheese, mushrooms, and grilled onions. Cooked medium rare as I like it. It was delicious, big and juicy, with plenty of HOT fries. I had the chocolate porter which I liked so much that I bought a growler of it (a 2 liter refillable bottle) My wife had the salmon tacos which were also a hit. We did make a mistake,however. We ordered an appetizer, a chicken quesadilla, which could have been lunch. It was delicious but more than we needed. We will be coming back to refill the growler and have more of their menu. it was a little pricey but we still highly recommend it.

1  Thank Tad_64
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Had a slight issue when we went in for our lunch- nothing that wasn't easily taken care of by the waiter offering to comp one of the meals. However, the GM followed us out to our car and offered his apologies again- and provided us with a gift card to return the next day. He definitely went above and beyond - he definitely cares about the brewery. Our food was delicious and the beer was great as well. And don't miss the outside patio and the view- well worth it to wait a bit for a table. Would definitely go again!