“dungeness crab”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 October 2013

good food at the harbor. Lovley sunny day. Locals recommend the seafood here. Crab was good but not the best I have had. I can't beleive it but it seemed like it was not fresh. Is that possible right in the harbor?

Reviewed 25 September 2013

I agree with most of the previously written reviews...HOWEVER...I found that most of the food is fried and at the 7:30pm dinner finds the fried food cooked in dirty oil used all day long! I must say that although everything we ordered was tasty it appeared and presented in an unappealing way! Calamari looked discussing and overcooked however it was quite good! The shrimp were large and beautiful but seemed to be overcooked due to the dirty frying oil. The salmon on the other hand was delicious, fresh and properly cooked! The waitstaff went out of their way to make things right but then again they only serve what the kitchen puts out. It was also a Sunday night after the mass crowds already started home!

I would definitely try this place again...maybe earlier in the day!

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I found Princeton Seafood Co by searching for deep fried artichoke hearts in HMB. We checked out of the Ritz-Carlton and headed North for about 15 minutes. We completely lucked out on the weather as well on September 22nd. The day before was raining all morning and clear in the afternoon. Today was one of those crystal clear blue sky, no wind and about 73 degrees. Ok...back to the restaurant. When we walked in, we were not impressed. The place does not look like much, but OMG am I happy we stayed. Once seated, we were quickly and politely greeted by our server Eric Bogert. Eric was very nice, knowledgeable and helpful. We ordered the deep fried artichoke hearts and the ahi poke for starters. Delicious on both counts. We followed that up some clam chowder (tons of great clams and not too thick), a crab sandwich and the crab stuffed ravioli's with bay shrimp. AGAIN, all were fabulously delicious. It was all served with a warm loaf of fresh baked sourdough bread and whipped butter. Ok....I'm getting hungry again just writing this. We even ordered some dessert - dark chocolate cake with ice cream, and when Eric brought it over he went WAY above your standard waiter service when he very politely apologized and was not eavesdropping, but heard us mention my wife's birthday - which we were celebrating this weekend and just barely mentioned amongst ourselves and not to the staff when we first arrived at our table - and he brought the cake and told us that it was on him and wished her a happy birthday. Anyone looking to hire a FANTASTIC waiter, go see Eric Bogert in Half Moon Bay. We will most definatly return to Princeton Seafood Co on our next trip to the area. Thanks Eric!!!

Reviewed 20 August 2013

A great place to get your seafood fix when visiting the Half Moon Bay area. If you can't eat in, they also have a seafood market for you.

1  Thank Reedw377
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

We stopped here by chance. It was practically full and a lot of movement - good sign! My daughter wanted a well grilled fish but not many on the menu. Asked the lady next to us who was practically touching elbows with us, what would she recommend. She said the chowder was not as good - try fish and chips. Hmmmm - saw a swordfish grilled and gambled for my daughter - not bad but not spectacular. Took my neighbors advise on the fish and chips - not bad but not spectacular. Maybe I should have tried the chowder as it was the only thing moving. Conclusion, great atmosphere but meals are average and a decent price. Maybe next time I'll try the chowder just to fit in with the atmosphere - " oh, excuse me - can you move your elbow? . . it's in my chips!