“Good food, lots of interesting choices”
Review of Chez Shea

Chez Shea
Ranked #17 of 98 Restaurants in Half Moon Bay
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Inside and outside seating. Interesting menu choices, at least for lunch. Never had a bad meal here.

1  Thank Bart C

Reviewed 11 December 2013

After a short hike on the beach, we stopped at this small but wonderful restaurant on Main Street. Chez Shea is popular with tourists and locals alike. The menu leans toward the "healthy" side, with dishes ranging from Mexican to Middle Eastern - I had the chicken enchiladas which were excellent. Atmosphere is small town café, but the variety and quality of the dishes will impress you.

Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

This little touched away eatery is excellent. I love the exotic ethnic cuisine offered. Usually, I go for
The curry no matter where I am, but last night I opted for something milder, the chicken with mashed potatoes and, wait I'm drooling just remembering, with mushroom gravy. Yum yum yum! The pumpkin curry soup, there I DID have curry! Was a mild curry and light, a great start to the meal. This is a place I'll return to when I'm on the coast.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Great little find of a restaurant that is more like a cafe with a wide variety of food from Mexican to Middle Eastern. Top pick for a lunch spot in the downtown main street of Half Moon Bay

Location: Main Street of historic Half Moon Bay.

Food: Excellent. Choice of everything from middle eastern, to american, to mexican. Fish tacos were great.

Atmosphere: Unfortunately it doesn't match the food quality, and is a bit small with a tiny backyard patio.

Service: Average. You order yourself at the counter,and not much table service. A bit disappointing.

Value: Reasonable for the quality.

Occasions: Lunch before an outing in Half Moon Bay

In summary nice little find of a restaurant if you want some worldly selections and you happen to be spending the day in Half Moon Bay.

Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

This was a reccomendation from our inn keeper and several locals at a farmer' s market...winner! This is a counter service/ table service kinda place but don't let that detract you. The cuisine is authentic African, Mexican, Irish, The Middle East, European and US comfort food. The kitchen was hopping and the food was served hot and fast. We had an heirloom tomato salad with an orange vinaigrette and a brilliantly composed Wagu burger and frites. They are open for breakfast lunch and dinner and located in the heart of main street. They serve several beers and a selection of wines as well. We ate on the back patio which was cozy and private. Don't pass this one up, actually we will probably dine there again during our visit.