All reviews restaurant recommendations main street bed and breakfast host david highly recommend this b b quaint little town both mornings stay in half moon bay sitting area stay there again get away whales ensuite wine accommodations california coast
Reviewed 30 October 2017

From our welcome until the good-bye, our stay was outstanding-to-the-second-power. Actually, there was a welcome before the welcome. My wife and I arrived early in the day after a transcontinental flight, and know we would have to drive around the local area, doing tourist things, before the check-in time. The owner, David, was kind enough to store our suitcases for us. That took the worry out of having our luggage stolen while we were being tourists.

I'm not one to go on about interior decorating, mostly because I know nothing about the subject, but the common areas, as well as our room, looked absolutely great. Somebody really knew what they were doing when they set this place up. And the cleanliness! Not since my first few weeks in the Navy have I stayed in any place so clean.

The small sitting area/garden out back, the excellent afternoon wine-and-snacks (almost a light meal), and the superb breakfast round out the experience.

We'll definitely be back the next time we're in the SFO area.

Room Tip: Take whatever you're assigned; it'll be great. Our room was ~6 steps away from the outdoor sitting area.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2017

Within walking distance of the beach and main street, this quaint B&B is in the perfect location. The house was impeccably clean, and perfectly decorated. The host is nice and very thoughtful, as he catered to my dietary needs without hesitation. Their private yard is so peaceful. The room was a perfect size. Best stay of our trip in California by far!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2017

I spent 3 nights at Nantucket Whale Inn in charming Half Moon Bay. This lovely B and B is within walking distance to restaurants and the beach, and easy access by car to all the great beaches and sites the area has to offer to the north and south. My host, David, is an exceptional inn keeper. He is a wealth of information, knowledgable about food and wine, and all the extra special things the area holds - redwood and beach walks, historical gardens and home, best places for chowder or cocktails, restaurants from Himalayan to Italian. My trip was exceptional because of him. Nantucket Whaling Inn is immaculate, beautifully and tastefully decorated, in both my fireplace and clawfoot tub adorned room, as well as the common areas downstairs and outside. The breakfasts were delicious and elegantly presented. And, important to me because of my history of back injury and pain, the bed was heavenly. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Melinda R
Reviewed 12 September 2017

We just spent 3 lovely nights at the Nantucket Whale Inn. The B&B is located in the heart of Half Moon Bay with restaurants just a short walk away. My wife and I enjoyed walking to the beach which was easily accessible. The best part of the stay was our host, David. He was gracious and had lots of suggestions for things to do and places to dine. Perhaps, the highpoints of the stay were the wonderful breakfasts that he prepared for us. This is the place to stay in Half Moon Bay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

The Nantucket Whale Inn exceeded all expectations. Gorgeous, tasteful, comfortable, immaculate and centrally located. Loved the garden and warm, helpful proprietor. Not a detail missed including the lovely bathroom amenities. Highly recommend for any occasion.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family