Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Coastside Inn(Half Moon Bay)
US$164
Hotels.com
Comfort Inn Half Moon Bay(Half Moon Bay)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$143
ComfortInn
Half Moon Bay Lodge(Half Moon Bay)(Great Value!)
US$247
US$236
Official Site
Beach House at Half Moon Bay(Half Moon Bay)(Great Value!)
US$276
Official Website
Harbor View Inn(Half Moon Bay)
US$164
US$160
Oceano Hotel & Spa Half Moon Bay(Half Moon Bay)(Great Value!)
US$296
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Fitness centre
All reviewsfront deskclean roomssan franciscoone night staysfohmb
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I'm giving this hotel an excellent rating because it was everything me and my wife needed for an overnight stop. Room was clean and the front desk was friendly and helpful. With the best price and beautiful rooms makes this is one the best stop you can do in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 March 2013

I stayed in one of their suites and paid quite a lot considering what I got in return. The next morning we noticed that the smoke detector was not there, just the wires were hanging down from the ceiling. When we advised them that at the desk when we were leaving Taylor told us that they had been having issues with it and he knew that it wasnt working properly. But they still rented it out. We used the jacuzzi the night before, and after it drained it left a dark brown thick residue all over the tub.....when we advised them they said that maybe the lines hadn't been flushed after they had issues with their plumbing. We have no idea what we bathed in.....Front desk advised that general manager would contact me, no call ever came, even after I called several time to get a manager or owner or someone other than the front desk. General manager advised the front desk to tell me I had to wait until owners got back from vacation 1 to 2 weeks. Unexceptable!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Check out the room before giving any money. Its you safety and health that may be a risk!
Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Peggy R
americas best v, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, we appreciate your comments and take them seriously. We are sorry for the conditions that you experienced at our Inn and want to assure you that those items have all been corrected and we are taking steps to make sure that they do not occur again. We strive to provide the best possible accommodations at the most reasonable rates. We have also spoke to you on the phone and have offered you a substantial discount off of the rate for your inconvenience.

Reviewed 25 January 2013

As soon as i arrived i was helped very quickly. Taylor assisted me very well. He gave great direction to where everything was. He also gave me a great restaurant to go to. Taylor also helped out alot with extra towels that were needed. The overall stay was great. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013
americas best v, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Thank you for your comments we appreciate your taking the time to post them. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again on your next visit to Half Moon Bay.

Reviewed 2 October 2012

I'm giving this hotel an excellent rating as it provided us with everything we needed for an overnight stop. Room was clean (we didn't have a problem with any bugs as someone did in July), beds comfortable, room spacious, breakfast adequate. It was quiet as we didn't hear any highway traffic. Price is better than others in the area. The front desk was friendly and helpful. Housekeeping was nice enough to hold a lost article too. What more could you ask from a budget type hotel !

It is a fairly long walk to the beach but it didn't matter as it was very foggy and cool the weekend we were there.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sierra_Sunshine

Reviewed 29 August 2012

Two words: BED BUGS. I stayed the nights of 27 & 28 July, 2012 in room #110. The room has BED BUGS. I was bit on my face, upper chest, arms, legs and feet. I emailed the manager about this and received no reply. I have reported the bed bugs to the Environmental Health Department of San Mateo County. If you bring bed bugs to your home, it is extremely difficult to deal with them and remove them, as they can live for up to a year, according to the health department. Considering all of this, there is no way I can give this facility any other rating. Front desk service was very good, but I did not realize the room was infested with bed bugs until the morning I departed at 0530.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Seabirdinglady
americas best v, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Thank you for posting your review, we appreciate your taking the time to give us your comments and we apologize for any convenience that you may have encountered while staying at our Inn. You will be happy to know that on September 5, at your request the San Mateo County Health System came to our hotel and inspected room 110, they found no signs of bed bugs during their inspection and have filed a report which is available through the San Mateo County Health System, the report is available through them or if you would like we can provide you with a copy. Also on September 5, The Best Pest Control Company did an inspection of the room and others around it and again they found no evidence of any bed bugs and we also have a report from the pest control company. If you would like a copy of the report from either the Health System or the pest control company please feel free to contact us and we would be happy to provide it for you.