“Amazing stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Half Moon Bay
San Francisco, California
“Amazing stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

My husband and I decided to go on a weekend getaway and we found this great hotel. The prices was great and the staff was very friendly. When we got to the room we were amazed by the size, they are really spacious compared to standard rooms and clean. There was complimentary breakfast included which was also a plus. We would feel fully satisfied in recommending this hotel to our friends and family and will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I choose this hotel because it was the closest place with rooms to the airport (and by close I mean a 30min drive) and because of the rating on TripAdvisor. I'm beginning to think that there is something wrong with me because the majority of people are saying this place is great and I thought it was the complete opposite. Even if this place was free I would not stay here again. First off, we did not feel safe. We only stayed for two nights but when we would leave for the day, we made sure to take all of our luggage. The size of the room was typical of any hotel/motel. Here were the issues: the bathroom door wouldn't close, the door was warped and dirty. There were huge dark smears all over the inside front door and bathroom door. You might think "so what", but if the cleaners missed that, well then what else did they miss. The ironing board was unuseable, all covered in stains and crust. The fridge was dented. The two upholstered chairs were covered in stains and big holes in it, I've seen cleaner chairs in a dump. One thing pictures can not convey is the overwhelming stench of urine. Its gross, I know but true. This could be due to the fact that the toilets don't really flush, I mean it seems like they do but when the bowl refills, it also bring a back the toilet paper used. Keeping the toilet seat down cut down the smell a bit. The surfaces in the room were sticky and grimy. Also, when we checked in they had messed up our reservation and 'given away' our room, so it took a while to figure it out. Not exactly what you want to come back too after an 8 hour day on the road. This hotel was our last stop after staying in hotels all along California for the past month and it really ended off our trip on a sour note. I am not going to be returning to the chain of hotels again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Stina F

Travellers are raving about these Half Moon Bay hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

We had a great time. Popular Beach is a dog friendly, and very close. The staff was very friendly and imformative. There were plently of activity brosures available. Rooms were quite large, a little warn but comfortable. Nice comfortable beds, with plenty of pillows. There was a variety of food and all very close by. Beaches and shopping every where. It was a bargain.

• Stayed September 2013
Blackburn, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

We were doing a bit of a road trip and decided to stay over at Half Moon Bay.

The room was large and clean. For the money, it did the job. Staff were pleasant, although they did seem a bit rushed.

Breakfast was help yourself. Fruit juices, Toast, Waffles, Cereals and Muffins.

The hotel is located just off the highway, and is around a couple of miles from the centre of Half Moon Bay. There are two or three restaurants within walking distance though.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
princeton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

My family rented 2 rooms. Both were clean, comfy and large. The rooms we had were large enough for 3 kids in one and use 2 in the other to not be tripping over each other / out stuff. rooms were clean and quiet. Although the place is on the road, there was no road noise in the rooms. (We were on the second level).

Room Tip: There is no water view. Nada. Last I looked, they clearly state this. Last I looked, a balcony w...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

I'm giving this hotel an excellent rating because it was everything me and my wife needed for an overnight stop. Room was clean and the front desk was friendly and helpful. With the best price and beautiful rooms makes this is one the best stop you can do in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
Jamestown, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2013

I stayed in one of their suites and paid quite a lot considering what I got in return. The next morning we noticed that the smoke detector was not there, just the wires were hanging down from the ceiling. When we advised them that at the desk when we were leaving Taylor told us that they had been having issues with it and he knew that it wasnt working properly. But they still rented it out. We used the jacuzzi the night before, and after it drained it left a dark brown thick residue all over the tub.....when we advised them they said that maybe the lines hadn't been flushed after they had issues with their plumbing. We have no idea what we bathed in.....Front desk advised that general manager would contact me, no call ever came, even after I called several time to get a manager or owner or someone other than the front desk. General manager advised the front desk to tell me I had to wait until owners got back from vacation 1 to 2 weeks. Unexceptable!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Check out the room before giving any money. Its you safety and health that may be a risk!
Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Peggy R
americas best v, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 29 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, we appreciate your comments and take them seriously. We are sorry for the conditions that you experienced at our Inn and want to assure you that those items have all been corrected and we are taking steps to make sure that they do not occur again. We strive to provide the best possible accommodations at the most reasonable rates. We have also spoke to you on the phone and have offered you a substantial discount off of the rate for your inconvenience.