“never choose this!”
Review of Coastside Inn

Coastside Inn
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Half Moon Bay
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I booked one room through Expedia, but my plan changed and I canceled it online on June 5th. To my surprise, they charged me $154 on July 10th for the room I canceled a month ago! I called them on July 11th and they promise me to refund in 3 days, but I haven't get my money now! I will never try is motel!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank malanly
Adam K, General Manager at Coastside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Hello Malanly,

We do greatly apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately we do not always receive cancellation confirmations from our 3rd party providers in a timely manner. Depending on the provider of the card used to make the reservation, it may take up to 10 days for a refund to complete. If you have any questions, or to confirm a refund please do not hesitate to call us at 650-726-3400. Again, we do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We paid $175.02 for one night including a $35 pet fee. Room is old and appeared clean. We had to move the bed out to plug in a cpap machine and it was obvious that they hadn't cleaned behind the bed in years. We were awoken by the sound of the maids running the industrial washers and dryers in the morning. We were just passing through and the location didn't matter. We should have continued on.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank collegemom2011
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Yes, it is right off the highway. Yes, it is a motel. However, it is very well maintained. It was clean, and the staff was helpful and friendly. I stayed in some pretty old motels, and this one is very good. This was a good motel for a family with free breakfast. It is right next to Half Moon Bay State beach. A Mexican restruarant is right next store. When it comes to value this motel is a clear winner.

Room Tip: Rooms are a little small.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank gordonlbsmithjr
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Because we did not want to end our journey at an airport hotel, we decided to stay at the Coastside Inn in Half Moon Bay, which had a very convenient location for us: just in between of Monterey and the San Francisco airport. The room itself was not too big, but it was clean and calm, which was all that we were looking for. Adam at the reception desk helped us print our boarding passes and made great dinner recommendations. The included breakfast was standard but tasty (I especially loved the waffles). It's perfectly fine if you're looking for a simple stay in the Half Moon Bay area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Mary Ann V
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Heading down Hiway 1 at 8:15, I saw this motel and drove past it and turned around to get a room for the evening. Upon check in I noticed their TRIPADVISOR emblem. Must be a nice place? Very comfortable room on second floor but at top of stairs and room had no view=we only saw the walls of the room over balcony (Couldn't peek out to check on car during night).
Room was nicely equipped and very clean an comfortable.
Breakfast was typical waffle and cereal and pastries coffee and juices but sufficed nicely. I would stay here again

Room Tip: Room at top of stairs on second floor has no view due to two other rooms extending out over parkin...
2  Thank Daytripper19-20
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This is a tidy, family friendly motel in Half Moon Bay. The breakfast was the make your own waffle, the scrambled eggs, bacon/sausage, cereals, toast, were fine and I thought the coffee was particularly good. The bed was very comfortable. We had a good night sleep. I liked the proximity to the HMB beach off Kelly street. You could bike down to the beach, we drove and parked by 8:30am on the street. This was an affordable place to stay. The staff at the front desk were pleasant too! I would go back again.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Only a few blocks from the ocean, and easy to find. The reception/breakfast area is pleasant, and there is a nice patio with tables and chairs. The room was comfortable, the water was hot, and it's always nice to have a mini fridge. There are several eating locations within a couple of blocks. We will stay here again.

2  Thank USAwalkers