“kick back and relax”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Half Moon Bay
Sacramento, California
“kick back and relax”
Reviewed 12 January 2012

So my boyfriend and good friend stayed here for 4 days and 3 nights. The staff was very friendly and the room clean. It was so cute. A king size bed, a pull out bed/couch, wonderful bath robes, a fireplace, a kitchenette, and a view of the ocean. Oh my goodness what a view. I had the pleasure of staying on the first floor so I really could just walk down to the beach which was delightful and it wasn't too cold which was delightful.
My boyfriend and I got to experience our first massage with Susan and Benson(they are married and both were physical fitness trainers, jic), which was amazing! They were so helpful. Susan walked us through everything and took great care when to areas of need. I think I almost feel asleep with the heated bed, the aroma of lavender and orange, the soothing music, and the massage. Ah I never felt more relaxed. After the one hour session was over I was totally trying to convince my boyfriend to get another one with me the next day. But unfortunately it was towards the end of our trip so it could not be arranged.
This was my first time going to Half Moon Bay so I wasn't sure what to expect. But in the room there is a guide (as well as many magazines) that has a list of top 20 things to do.
One of the things I recommend is to walk(because there is no parking) across to Sam's Chowder House, get a massage, go down to the beach, and try "It's Italia" on main street (be sure to make a reservation). I am looking forward to my next trip there!
The only thing that might bug some of the guests is the echo of the fog horn but you get used to it. But if you are one of those people annoyed that is goes off every minute or so you might want to put in those complimentary ear plugs or stay inland.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
Stockton, California
Reviewed 5 January 2012

My husband and I first stayed at the Beach House on our honeymoon. Unfortunately, we had planned on one night at the Beach House and then travel down the coast to Cambria. After our one night at the Beach House we would have preferred to cancel the rest of the honeymoon and stay there!

I love the layout of the rooms, the kitchenette, very cozy! Wonderful robes, great bathtub, and I adored the rubber ducky!! Sitting on the deck, a fire going in the fireplace, the fog horn in the distance, watching the ships come in, the kayaks going out, and the fishermen, dogs, and families along the beach.

We have returned every year for our anniversary and have watched many weddings next door at Sam's (which has the best lobster rolls). You are walking distance to several great restaurants, Pillar Point Pier where we visit the local fisherman selling fresh lobster, octopus, crab you name it!

We enjoy playing dominoes on the patio by the pool with our complimentary breakfast. The wine hour does not have a lot of food options and I wish there was more to breakfast. But I will continue going to the Beach House year after year!

Room Tip: The patios on the ground floor are quite lovely, you have a great view even on the ground floor. The...
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shellbell858
Fremont, California
Reviewed 2 January 2012

The Beach House was a wonderful place to celebrate the New Year. We stayed on the 3rd floor with an unbelievable view. Every room has a nice balcony from which we enjoyed watching the boats and ocean. The Inn has a great spa that overlooks the ocean: WOW! Imagine drinking champagne (provided by inn) while watching sunset...how could it get any better?

We are already talking about our next visit...which I'm sure will be before next year!

Room Tip: Ocean views cant be beat!! 3rd floor has higher ceilings.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Simi Valley, California
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We stayed here as part of a large family gathering for an anniversary celebration. Rooms are nice with fireplace and sitting area; our room also had kitchenette. Ground floor rooms with ocean view have larger patios while upper floors have slightly better view and privacy but smaller balconies. Heated jacuzzi was nice touch and was well used. Limited breakfast served in lobby, with limited seating. Private dining room we booked was nice with ocean view. Hotel doesn't allow outside catering but food supplied by Beach House was exceptional anyway. Would definitely stay again...

Room Tip: Must have coean view. Highway is 30 yards away from front rooms.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Oakland, California
Reviewed 29 December 2011

The hotel is our favorite in HMB... very clean, very good location,(although not directly on the ocean, more at the end of the harbor, but you can see the ocean in an ocean view room), and the staff is excellent, (very accommodating and professional.) The rooms have a little "kitchenettes" (toaster, microwave, sink, stove top, and fridge), a little deck for two overlooking the water. Close(next door) to Sam's Chowder House for some nice lobster rolls and drinks.The breakfast is continental (rolls, danishes, etc.) not very hearty but good. And they have a little wine and cheese serving in the late afternoon. A nice romantic place. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 December 2011

We booked the partial ocean room to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We asked the hotel clerk for an upgrade but she said it would cost us additional $20 so we paid for the differences. The room was outdated but the view from the room was breathtaking. Highly recommend the ocean view room. Overall nice hotel but service and breakfast was average.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Benji916
Livermore, California
Reviewed 12 December 2011

My husband and I just spent our 20th anniversary at the hotel and had an amazing time. The room was beautiful and the location was perfect. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful throughtout our stay. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple