My husband and I stayed at the Beach House at Half Moon Bay in May. We had a two night stay and got the deluxe ocean view room. The room was amazing. It was cozy, comfortable, spacious and had a very nice view. The fireplace was a nice touch and we used it both evenings. We did not miss the air-conditioning as it was plenty cool enough with the windows open. We arrived on the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend so it was very crowded. Parking was at a premium in the lot and cars were parked alongside the road for as far as you could see. It turned out that the fog rolled into Half Moon Bay just as we were pulling in to the city and didn't roll back out till we left. That made for some not so nice views of the beach and less than perfect conditions. However, I am sure that had the sun been out it would have been a beautiful place to enjoy the ocean views.
We loved the Aveda products as part of room. I am a huge Aveda fan so this made me very happy and made it seem a little more "upscale". We had the continental breakfast both mornings. The dining area is small but nice. The only problem we had was that on the first morning most of the tables weren't cleared and there were stacks of dirty dishes on them. Did not notice this the second morning so perhaps they were short staffed the first day. The balconies for the rooms are small as others have noted. There is enough room for a couple of chairs and you are literally right next to the guests in neighboring rooms. This was not an issue since the weather prohibited us from sitting outside anyway but I can see where it may be an issue for some. You can also definitely hear the fog horn but having been there during heavy fog I can certainly see why it is important. We adapted pretty quickly to the sound and were able to tune it out for the most part.
You are indeed within walking distance of Sam's Chowder House. We did have lunch there one day. The place is always packed so you are better off making the short walk from the Beach Club. As far as other restaurants and the downtown areas...it is a short drive to visit them.
During our stay, my husband and I went to the Ritz to check it out. Gorgeous area and for some reason less fog but while the Beach Club is definitely not the Ritz, it certainly is nice place to stay with wonderful rooms and was very relaxing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reminiscent of a private Nantucket summer home, the Beach House Hotel Half Moon Bay offers spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean and Pillar Point Harbor. Just 25 miles south of San Francisco, the hotel features 54 spacious loft suites providing the perfect romantic getaway or retreat for the entire family. Each guest receives complimentary high speed internet access, full continental breakfast and parking. Take advantage of the heated outdoor pool and Jacuzzi overlooking the Pacific. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Beach House at Half Moon Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach House At Half Moon Bay Hotel Half Moon Bay
- Beach Hotel Half Moon Bay
- Beach Half Moon Bay
- Beach House Half Moon Bay