“Great experience”

Beach House at Half Moon Bay
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Half Moon Bay
“Great experience”
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I loved our stay at Beach House. The view was incredible, staff was friendly, even letting us check in 3 hours early. The beach access was very convenient. We will stay here everytime we come to Half Moon Bay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chris S
Matt D, Front Office Manager at Beach House at Half Moon Bay, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Chris S,

Thank you for your post on Tripadvisor about your recent stay. We do have the benefit of not only an excellent location but are fortunate enough to have the staff we do. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Beach House Hotel ~ Half Moon Bay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 7 May 2014

A wonderful stay. Had a Jr. suite, which we loved. The balcony was amazing and enjoyed the fireplace with nightly duraflame log, & more ammenities. Comfy bed & comforter, can't wait to go back. Enjoyed the wine at night in lobby and fruit and pastries in the a.m. Warned about foghorn..we enjoyed it when the doors/windows were open, and when closed, didn't hear it. Loved the view. Bed was more comfy than ours at home and emailed to find out what type of mattress and down comforter. We loved our 2 nights there, and plenty of places to walk to and places to eat within walking distance and great bike trails and hiking trails. It is a bit pricey, but you have to remember you are in Half Moon Bay..will look for specials maybe next time.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony on oceanside; totally worth it. Didn't hear foghorn that we had seen...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LoveToTravelFun
Matt D, Front Office Manager at Beach House at Half Moon Bay, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear LoveToTravelFun,

Thank you for your comments and glad to learn you had a great visit with us at The Beach House. There are about hlaf a dozen restaurants that are easily accessible from the Coastal Path which runs just in back of the hotel and is a fantastic amenity to anyone who enjoys running. biking, or even strolling.

South San Francisco, California
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Before making our reservation here to celebrate our anniversary, I read most of the reviews, looked at the pictures and finally called the hotel to ask questions regarding their spa/massage service. I'm glad I did since knowing most of the ins and outs made our stay very pleasant. I knew the type of room we would get and about the foghorn, which you barely hear after awhile and became white noise which helped my husband sleep. I didn't know about the AC issue, meaning there is none which explains the 2 portable fans in the closet. We did crack the patio door a little bit. We did love how the hotel provides one duraflame log. A nice touch. And they do not have a spa but one massage room. With that being said, I opted not to book the massage since I love the amenities of a true spa (hot tub, steam room, dry sauna, quiet room etc.) Their pool and hot tub are small and so we opted not to use them since there were folks in them and we didn't want to go thru the whole awkwardness of trying to talk to other folks and not being able to talk freely. We also were next to the fitness room which was really small. They cramped in a bike, elliptical machine, treadmill and free weights in there.

The hotel has a private gate that leads you down some stairs to the beach which is pretty nice. The hotel is next door to Sam's Chowder which seems to have some live music/singer on a Saturday afternoon. I'm not sure if that's on a regular basis, but it was great for us to enjoy the entertainment while were were enjoying the sun.

Lastly, we didn't get to experience the wine and cheese at 5:30pm since we had dinner reservations downtown, but we did get to enjoy the continental breakfast which wasn't bad. Pastries, fruit bowl, bagels w/ cream cheese and jams, milk, OJ, coffee and tea. They provided a toaster for your bagels which was great!

If you're looking for a big pool, hot tub and being able to work out freely, this is not the place for you. My impression of this hotel is more of hanging out in your room and do nothing or taking advantage of the sights around here which was what our goal was.

Would we come back, probably. Btw, loved the beds! Firm beds with down like pillows and a warm comforter!

Room Tip: We were on the north side on the 2nd floor w/ a partial ocean view which wasn't bad. We barely h...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear csacramento,

Thank you for your post on Tripadvisor. We have had several comments about the bedding being incredibly comfortable (which it is) and I'm glad you liked it. Hopefully on your next visit you'll be able to enjoy our wine & cheese hour.

DC Metro and Wilmington NC
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

My family really enjoyed a relaxing three days at the Beach House at HMB. Second floor with a king bed and lower seating area with a pull out queen for my daughters. The room had a small balcony and even a fireplace. Lots of stuff to do within walking distance for a few days. While some have mentioned the foghorn we really stopped noticing it after a couple hours, might be a problem for an insomniac. My daughters liked the pool and hot tub, my wife and I the wine and cheese! Only one negative, no AC. It wasn't so hot that you needed it but it did get a little stuffy with four people and the blankets were either a little too heavy or too light. Not a big deal but it would have been nice just to turn on the AC a bit. We tried opening the outside door but that meant hearing the foghorn.

Stayed April 2014
Dear NovaArch,

Thank you for your post. on Tripadvisor. It was a pleasure hosting your family and we hope to see you back at the Beach House in the future.

CA
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Last year to celebrate our anniversary we stayed in a first floor room and fireplace smoke kept backing up into our room. We ended driving home at midnight with our 50% off certificate for our next stay. Friday we spent a lovely night until I wanted to take a bath without my 4 kids hounding me. Well, the cold water handle was stripped so no quiet bath for me:( The smiling desk clerk told me "I'll let engineering know--sorry 'bout that!" So there it is. We are now looking for a new getaway on the North Coast.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank pamica
Matt D, Front Office Manager at Beach House at Half Moon Bay, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear pamica,

Thank you for your comments and I am sorry that this past stay didn't live up to your, and for that matter, our standards. We strive for the highest of excellence and it is disappointing to learn that we missed the mark. I would like to discuss your past stay and can be reached at 650-712-0220. Thank you again and I sincerely hope to hear from you soon.

Beach House ~ Half Moon Bay
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I've stayed hear multiple times and I love everything about it. Cheese and wine in the evening. A great breakfast in the morning. A hot tub and pool that looks out over the ocean. Friendly and helpful staff. A gorgeous view and a fog horn to remind you that your at the coast when you're not on your deck staring at it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Matthew C
Dear Matthew C,

Thank you for your comments and your continued patronage! The Beach House in Half Moon Bay embodies all the assets of not only a luxury hotel experience, but of Northern California Coastal living. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Granite Bay, California
Reviewed 21 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night and purchased the "Spa Package." Besides the room being immaculate and the staff very welcoming, we enjoyed the most relaxing massage ever! Highly recommend this to anyone wanting to have a relaxing getaway!

Room Tip: Our room faced both "Sam's" and we also had a beautiful view of the ocean. The "...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Grammie626,

Thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor. We are very fortunate to have the therapists we do and can surely fix and problem a back might have. We hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

Beach House ~ Half Moon Bay
Harbor View Inn
#8 of 8 in Half Moon Bay
Best Western Plus Lighthouse Hotel
The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay

Been to Beach House at Half Moon Bay? Share your experiences!