My wife (!) and I visited for a couple of nights for a short honeymoon. We live in the Bay Area, so it was just a short drive down the coast. We arrived on a Sunday night, immediately took advantage of the hot tub, and spent a wonderful Monday doing nothing but eating, drinking wine, watching soccer, and enjoying the great weather.
We were upgraded to a bottom-floor ocean-view room, and it was great. The room was big and had a kitchenette and two tvs (for watching multiple World Cup games!). The patio was larger than those on the upper floors, and there was no guardrail or anything to block the view of the harbor and out to Mavericks.
The continental breakfast was pretty solid, and we took a tray back to our room and ate on the patio. We had a couple of bottles of wine out there later in the day. We also went wandering over toward Pigeon Point and Mavericks Beach, which is a leisurely walk, and found a place to eat that was not Sam's Chowderhouse. There are several restaurants a short walk away.
Definitely a place to visit again. It's not a bad price compared to other hotels in the area. We did go on weekdays, so it was probably less crowded than a weekend. I'd try to get the bottom-floor ocean-view again.
For the faint-of-ear: the foghorn sounds pretty constantly. Some people (like the two of us) love it, but others can't handle it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reminiscent of a private Nantucket summer home, the Beach House Hotel Half Moon Bay offers spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean and Pillar Point Harbor. Just 25 miles south of San Francisco, the hotel features 54 spacious loft suites providing the perfect romantic getaway or retreat for the entire family. Each guest receives complimentary high speed internet access, full continental breakfast and parking. Take advantage of the heated outdoor pool and Jacuzzi overlooking the Pacific. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, TravelClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Beach House at Half Moon Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach House At Half Moon Bay Hotel Half Moon Bay
- Beach Hotel Half Moon Bay
- Beach Half Moon Bay
- Beach House Half Moon Bay