This is one of the nicest beach hotels I have ever stayed in or even heard of. Stayed for three nights as a base for a long Northern California weekend and couldn't be happier with the way it turned out. The location is very beautiful - the beach is literally right out the back door but it is a quiet area- no big crush of tourists - just water, sky and a view of the often fog-capped mountains that ring the bay. Seagulls, pelicans, herons can be seen very easily. Easy to walk a long way on the beach with no driving.
Quite an eco conscious hotel also but not up in your grill about it.
5 minute drive or 15 minute walk to the much busier town full of restaurants and art/shops. The rooms are large, comfortable and everything is cozy, airy, fresh, natural. This place is expensive by my own generally frugal standards but worth every dime if you can splurge. Best of all the staff just rock. From the night auditor who checked is in after a later arrival to the desk managers, the cleaning staff and even one young lady who offered to take our laundry home to her house to do it when the local laundry was closed. We didn't take her up on that of course but it typifies the "whatever you need" attitude! Stayed in the lovely room 309. Nice fireplace and deck to sit out on. The hotel is U shaped and you want the highest floor on the flat part of the U facing the water, not the sides of the U if you can swing it. Try Sam's Chowder House next door for fun, delicious seafood dinner and the 3-zero Cafe at the tiny local air strip for terrific lunch or brunch. Also walk over to Mavericks Surf shop. Lots of nearby hiking, other beaches to try and a great Marine Reserve very close by. Also close to many organic farms. If you love coastal nature and want a classy, quiet hotel this is it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reminiscent of a private Nantucket summer home, the Beach House Hotel Half Moon Bay offers spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean and Pillar Point Harbor. Just 25 miles south of San Francisco, the hotel features 54 spacious loft suites providing the perfect romantic getaway or retreat for the entire family. Each guest receives complimentary high speed internet access, full continental breakfast and parking. Take advantage of the heated outdoor pool and Jacuzzi overlooking the Pacific. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Beach House at Half Moon Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach House At Half Moon Bay Hotel Half Moon Bay
- Beach Hotel Half Moon Bay
- Beach Half Moon Bay
- Beach House Half Moon Bay