I accompanied my husband who had a business meeting at the hotel. Bottom line - if it were not on the beach in Half Moon Bay, no way would I consider this a "luxury" hotel - we've stayed at nicer Marriotts and Hampton Inns.
The major plus is its gorgeous views of the beach (be sure to request a room with a beach view!) The staff is friendly and the rooms are very large and have are many amenities - a microwave, hotplate, refrigerator and safe - so this hotel would serve as a decent "home base" from which to explore Half Moon Bay. My husband's firm arranged a dinner for attendees - if the hotel was responsible for the catering, the dinner itself was very good; the appetizers were so-so.
--our room was not ready when we arrived (check-in at 4 PM). We were promised a phone call when the room was ready. After 3, I started waiting in the lobby - the staff chatted amongst themselves and seemed to have forgotten I was there. At 3:45, I thought I'd best check on the progress of our room cleaning - only then did the staff check - I suspect the room had been ready for awhile.
--the room was not that clean. The carpet was sticky and smelled funny and there were crumbs on the table.
--continental breakfast and appetizers+wine are ordinary at best (Hampton Inns have better breakfasts)
--the fitness room has only one treadmill, an elliptical and some weights. No sink (not even a container of disinfecting wipes) and no bike (for folks who need to exercise without bearing weight)
--there were discrepancies between the info for guestsin the room and reality (things like check-out time and the time of the breakfast)
--Wireless internet is free, but if there was an ethernet jack, I couldn't find it. So if you'd like to connect to the net without broadcasting everything you do "in the clear" and you can't set up a VPN, you're stuck.
--I agree with the viewer who said, "what, no CNN in the cable selection?"
We enjoyed our stay (we stayed only one night and my husband's firm paid for the room), but had we been paying our own way, I'd have been appalled.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reminiscent of a private Nantucket summer home, the Beach House Hotel Half Moon Bay offers spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean and Pillar Point Harbor. Just 25 miles south of San Francisco, the hotel features 54 spacious loft suites providing the perfect romantic getaway or retreat for the entire family. Each guest receives complimentary high speed internet access, full continental breakfast and parking. Take advantage of the heated outdoor pool and Jacuzzi overlooking the Pacific. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Beach House at Half Moon Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach House At Half Moon Bay Hotel Half Moon Bay
- Beach Hotel Half Moon Bay
- Beach Half Moon Bay
- Beach House Half Moon Bay