“A Decent Meal But Not the #3 Restaurant in Town”
Review of Mezza Luna

Mezza Luna
Reserve with OpenTable
Mezza Luna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 102 Restaurants in Half Moon Bay
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, View, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Capistrano
Transit: Samtrans
Description: Mezzaluna Restaurant is located in the historic Princeton Landing building (which was built in 1908). The harbor town of Princeton By The Sea is located 20 miles south of San Francisco. In this scenic area of Half Moon Bay, which overlooks the Pacific Ocean, you can experience breathtaking coastal views and marvel at the giants waves of Mavericks surf spot. We provide nothing but the highest quality of meat, fish, produce, pasta and local fresh ingredients. Mezzaluna is continually awarded as Best Restaurant on the Coast and Best Customer Service. In 2012, Mezza Luna was awarded "Favorite Italian Restaurant" and in 2013 awarded "Favorite Overall Restaurant" and "Favorite Italian Restaurant" by the coastside community and the readers of the Half Moon Bay Review. In 2014 Mezza Luna was awarded by Open Table the "Dinners Choice Award". But it doesn't take an award to prove the quality and consistency of the great food, service and wine... You must experience it for yourself.
Reviewed 5 February 2013

We are locals and have eaten here several times. This is not the #3 restaurant Coastside, in our opinion. Not even close. It is not even the best Italian restaurant (that goes to It's Italia on Main Street). BUT I can't say "don't eat here" because the food is OK. The service is OK. The price is OK. And it is in the harbor area so if you have parked your car you can walk to it. We have enjoyed our dinners there but they have been just OK.... and given the many superb restaurants here on the Coastside that is not good enough to attract our repeat business. (So why have we eaten there? We belong to the HMB Yacht Club which is just down the street so after sailing in the afternoon and early evening we have a handful of choices on places to eat in the harbor area, of which this is one.)

1  Thank Marfak

Reviewed 29 January 2013

Good food and excellent service
I have to drive about an hour to get to the restaurant
it is worth it
It is like eating in a friends house rthe food is terrific
Plus you are on the Coast

Reviewed 24 January 2013

After spending a glorious morning enjoying an unusually warm January day in Half Moon Bay, my husband and I had a delicious lunch at this lovely restaurant. I had a very fresh petrale sole (caught that morning) with fresh green beans and a side of spagetti with red sauce. My husband had veal piccata, very tender and cooked perfectly, with a generous salad and a side of spagetti with garlic and olive oil. The home made dessert hit the spot. My husband said the coffee was some of the best he had ever had. The restaurant closes after lunch at 2:30pm and then reopens for dinner at 5pm. I give high marks for the decor, service and ambience. It's wonderful eating home made Italian food with a view of the harbor and boats. It doesn't get much better than this!

Reviewed 23 January 2013

I was in town and by myself for dinner; Mezzaluna gets good reviews and the food did not disappoint. The Minnestrone was full of vegetables and beans and had a smooth taste, not too thin and not too thick. The fresh parmesan gave it a good bite and just the right amount of salt, a mistake most restaurants make (adding a salty cheese to an already salted soup). The special, a red snapper, was fresh, cooked perfectly and accompanied with green beans perfectly cooked. My only complained was the mound of mashed potatoes, just out of place with such a fresh piece of fish.

Reviewed 21 January 2013

Food was excellent! Service was amazing. Creme Brulee was the best I've ever had. Comfortable atmosphere right near the water. Definitely worth going back to.