“Best pasta dishes ever”
Review of Mezza Luna

Mezza Luna
Reserve with OpenTable
Mezza Luna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 103 Restaurants in Half Moon Bay
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, View, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Capistrano
Transit: Samtrans
Description: Mezzaluna Restaurant is located in the historic Princeton Landing building (which was built in 1908). The harbor town of Princeton By The Sea is located 20 miles south of San Francisco. In this scenic area of Half Moon Bay, which overlooks the Pacific Ocean, you can experience breathtaking coastal views and marvel at the giants waves of Mavericks surf spot. We provide nothing but the highest quality of meat, fish, produce, pasta and local fresh ingredients. Mezzaluna is continually awarded as Best Restaurant on the Coast and Best Customer Service. In 2012, Mezza Luna was awarded "Favorite Italian Restaurant" and in 2013 awarded "Favorite Overall Restaurant" and "Favorite Italian Restaurant" by the coastside community and the readers of the Half Moon Bay Review. In 2014 Mezza Luna was awarded by Open Table the "Dinners Choice Award". But it doesn't take an award to prove the quality and consistency of the great food, service and wine... You must experience it for yourself.
Reviewed 6 September 2017

We were staying at the Ritz just a couple miles away and wanted to try something different than the food served at the hotel. My wife and I along with our 2 kids decided to go to Mezza Luna because of its great reviews. This place didn't disappoint. I mean they really do pasta right at this place! My family and I just couldn't believe how delicious the food was and how well the pasta was prepared. The pastas we ordered was cooked to perfection which was al dente and came to our table piping hot. The right amount of red sauce on my Linguine della Baia was just perfect. Even the basic linguine with Alfredo sauce was out of this world the best we've ever tasted. The waiter we talked to said that this place served truly authentic Italian dishes and the pastas were made in house. My family ate the food so fast that I didn't even get the chance to take pictures of the food and to be honest, none of us were really that hungry...it was totally insane! We will definitely come back again and try their other dishes as well.

1  Thank ronniea525

Reviewed 2 September 2017

A first visit for three of us, all Italian, although we all had known of Mezza Luna and looked forward to trying it out. Two of us were thrilled, the third lady (a vegetarian) was well content. The best Fried Calamari I have EVER had, and I've had it in a lot of places over a lot of years, including Italy. The Pizza: "Fantastic! I've never had a crust like this!" -- from a lady who makes Pizza and other Italian specialties at home regularly. I had the Gnocchi, and asked for half-and-half of the offered Fresh Tomato sauce or Gorgonzola sauce. Both were delicious and a nice contrast, and the house-made Gnocchi was light and tender. Can't wait to go back! It was spacious and quiet at lunchtime, with easy access.

1  Thank motherhen2
Reviewed 26 August 2017

Our friends who live in El Grananda recommended Mezz Luna to us. That is all I needed for verification. Great food.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

We met some friends here on our last night in California. It was very busy and parking was difficult, to say the least. We had reservations so were seated right way.

Service was great throughout our meal. I can't stress that enough. We started with the antipasto and the greek salad special and enjoyed both. I had the Petto di Pollo alla Giovanni for my meal and thought it could have used a bit more flavor. My husband had the Salmone alla Dolores and was pleased. Our friends had the Gamberi alla Roberto and the Penne del Pastore and were raving about their food. We did indulge in dessert and had the Bigne Mezza Luna and the Tiramisu.

All in all it was a good meal and we never felt rushed, even though we did linger a bit.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We've been going to Mezza Luna for years. It's our family favorite. Food is consistently good. It's our go-to for dinner or celebrations.