“I loved the convenience of this hotel!!”

Comfort Inn Hanford
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Hanford
Reviewed 24 May 2011

It was very pleasing to the eye when I entered hotel lobby. Pool area & jacuzzi was nice. Service was a plus. I enjoyed Maria at the front counter, she went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed there. Even the rollaway bed we asked for! She literally brought it to our hotel room when it was supposed to have been brought up by another staff member, earlier in the day. When no one was there to send upstairs, she took the rollaway bed by herself to our room! Now that is A -ONE Customer Service in my eyes!!! Rooms were great, beds very comfortable!! I really enjoyed the whole stay here!! I would recommend to others and will use myself when I go back to Hanford!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 15 May 2011

Firstly, it's Hanford - don't expect 5 stars anywhere in Hanford. Now that expectations are reset, the Comfort Inn was a delightful Inn - a good place to spend a night or 2. Get out and about if you want to make the best of this town. Superior Dairy is a "MUST NOT MISS" LOCATION

Back to the Comfort Inn. Unfortunately it is close to the rail line - but that line it's not overly active - only a couple of times a week apparently. The main line is much further away - but you don't really notice the trains going past too much (double glazing, good dampening).

The room was reasonably clean, bed was comfy and the bathroom had every imaginable toiletry (which we used...). The reception hand up & down service - but it was 24 hour - and that was nice (although we didn't really use it). I would love to give this 5 stars - and it did beat our expectations on this place. 5 Stars would have been awarded to this place is the Breakfast was better. It was lousy - but then we had just started to learn what "American Food" was all about - preserved, long life & artificial. This place seems to continue that trend with crappy Waffles. So - improve the Breakfast & this place would have got 5 stars.

With all the things that you could complain about in Hanford (Sulfur in water, Arsenic levels in water supply etc) - Comfort Inn has been great (the whole hotel has a surfur filter) and the town has been working towards safer levels (re arsenic).

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SoreLegs
Reviewed 20 March 2011

We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Hanford this weekend and had a very nice stay. Staff is very friendly and accomodating. Rooms appear to have been recently renovated, comfortable beds, flat screen tv, new carpet, paint, quiet toilets, etc. We stay there for our soccer tournaments and this was the best stay. We booked 12 rooms for the team and our room was next to the elevator. However, we never heard anyone in the halls or the elevator. Very good sound proofing!!!! And while the train runs right outside the back of the hotel, we never heard the train but just the horn when it was going thru the town a few blocks away. No big deal. They also have chocolate chip cookies at the front desk.. Continental breakfast was pretty good, waffles, egg, sausage, toast and muffins, juice and coffe/tea. Only suggestion would be to add a second waffle maker, but we understand it was busier than normal as we all were having breakfast around the same time. We would definitely stay there again if we ever go to Hanford again. Thanks to the friendly staff for doing such a great job in making our stay as comfortable as possible!

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank SammyAntioch
Reviewed 12 January 2010

Visiting relatives in Hanford, and had stayed at this hotel before about 5 years ago, and at that time I chose never to go back due to the type of guests that it attracted at the time. I decided I would give this hotel another shot. I know hotel management changes, things can get better. And, for the most part they did. But there was one big faux pas that happened during this most recent stay. When we arrived to our room on the 3rd floor, I went ahead and checked the sheets (I travel a lot and this is a common thing that everyone should do, it takes 2 seconds and gives you a piece of mind and you do this at even 5 star hotels as well). You pull down the top cover quickly to expose the sheets underneath, if you see anything moving or scurrying, those are bed bugs/mites (tiny black things) and you should request a sheet change or totally different room. Also, most hotels have caught on, and provide sheet covering over the top of the bedspread or duvet cover as well as the bottom. But still many have not, and you never ever want to sleep with that top cover if it isn't sandwiched between two additional clean sheets. These bedspreads are not washed regularly like the sheets underneath are (or are supposed to be).

Any rate, long story short, after I checked for bed bugs/mites and found none, I quickly look for hair or crumbs, or anything else that would cause concern. And sure enough I hair and crumbs near the top of the bed. That means the sheets were most likely not taken off from the last guest....ewww. Called the front desk and asked to be moved to a room with clean sheets. Which the front desk gal did, and sent me to a room that had brand new sheets, freshly starched. I was satisfied.

Last bit of advice for this hotel, is ask for a room AWAY from the main railroad tracks. This hotel sits near 2 tracks, one for the cargo trains, and then another one for Amtrak. The Amtrak tracks are much more quiet during the night.

The continental breakfast was not bad, they offered scrambled eggs, you can make your own waffles. This part improved greatly since my last stay.

And that's it...hope this helps someone out there!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
5  Thank Lvv2trvl
Reviewed 20 November 2009

Rented the suite with a balcony. Room was clean and spacious. The staff was attentive and helpful. I didn't have one problem................

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2009

No joke:
I entered the room and determined immediately that I couldn't touch anything for fear of contamination. So I didn't. I used multiple sheets of kleenex as a makeshift glove to shield my hand from contacting the curtains, the bed clothes (which all went straight to the floor), doors, etc. I double checked for bed bugs, and was shocked not to find any. I didn't touch a single object in the bathroom, and in fact opted to skip washing my face and showering because the place was so hideous. (I would have asked for a different room, but I took the last room available.)

Fortunately I brought a SleepSack with me, into which I tucked my fully clothed self atop the fitted sheet on the otherwise barren bed.

Despite all these ridiculous precautions - given a room night cost of $85 - I actually contracted an e.Coli infection the day after I checked out of this hotel. Disgusting!!!!

This place should be fumigated first, and then be destroyed for good.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank SF_tica
why34, manager at Comfort Inn Hanford, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2009

On behalf of our hotel and staff we accommodate many guest each each evening ,and we strive to make their stay a satistying one .It was disappointing to to learn of your inconvenience but after reveiwing my records I show no record of your stay here .

Reviewed 5 August 2008

I have never been so frightened. I Arrived at the hotel to an empty, lobby, No desk person. I waited 15 minutes.. Then returned to my vehicle to try calling the hotel from my cell phone. When I rang the Hotel, there was no answer. I waited an additional 5 minutes, before attempting to return to the lobby, as I had already dragged my suitcases in once, and to say the least, was a bit frustrated at the lack of a desk attendant on duty?
When I returned to the lobby to try again, I was pleased to find a person there! The first thing this person said to me very rudely was, "What 's the Name" No smile, no welcome, .. I Replied with My Company's name, and she yelled very violently at me "NO.....Thats Not Your Name IS IT.... IS That What
Your Name is..... Is That What I Asked You???"
She was very loud and it was very scary to be yelled at by a stranger, that I was paying no less. I simply replied to her that's Quite a snappy attitude! When she began screaming at me "Get The F out " Leave Now". "I am the manager and I can refuse you". I asked her if she was serious, and then I told her that I had Already paid for a room, and her response was, To bad, (curse word) off, and leave. I have never been so upset or disrespected by anyone in my life... I wouldn't even recommend this place to my worst enemy.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank notahappycamperman
why34, Manager at Comfort Inn Hanford, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2009

Please accept my sincere apology . I want you to know that the comments and suggestion we receive from our guest are taken seriously. Please accept my apology for the misunderstandind that took place .

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanford
Best Western Hanford Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Tulare
Hampton Inn Visalia
Hampton Inn Visalia
#1 of 14 in Visalia

Been to Comfort Inn Hanford? Share your experiences!