“Pictures can be deceiving”

Americas Best Value Inn- Hanford
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Hanford
Atascadero, California
“Pictures can be deceiving”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Do not stay here with children. My husband and I did not feel 100% safe here. The management was rude and I felt like they were trying to rip us off. She told us she did not have our reservation but when I told her I had the email on my phone she magically found our reservation. We had reserved a smoking room but when we got to our room it was a nonsmoking room. We went and smoke to her about it and she proceeded to tell us there are no smoking rooms. The “lobby” and “breakfast room” are the same thing. When we got into the room we found several things to be disappointed with. The TV was ancient with horrible picture and quality. The sink was in the “bedroom”. The towels they provide are literally see threw they are so thin. The faucet in the tub/shower wasn’t working properly. The refrigerator wasn’t even plugged in so it took a couple hours to actually get cold. One of the chairs was not safe to sit in and all it took was tightening some bolts. One of the outlets was broke so one less lamp to use. When we got into bed I realized the sheets looked used and were turned inside out. The pillows were super flat. The door looked like it had been broke into two pieces and glued back together. You could see in around it because the gap between the door and the frame were so off. The “lounge chair” was stained and disgusting. The hotel is located about a mile or less from downtown Hanford which looked a lot safer! Since we had to smoke outside we were outside when we heard three gun shots off in the distance then three cops followed. We also had a cop waiting outside the hotel which was both alarming and soothing. If you are looking for a hotel with decent price and location just down the highway is motel 6 which is a great price, in a safe location, and not even as dirty. To the people who reviewed this place saying it’s decent you are far wrong. This place is not decent and please do not stay here with your children! Unless 1 am gunshots, rude management, and dirty rooms are your thing! I tried to write a better review but trip advisor would not let me use it saying I used profanity which I did not! Hopefully this review is good enough to make people think twice before staying here!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Brittney C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Providence, Utah
Reviewed 23 July 2014

A friend and I on a girl's road trip stopped in late at the Super I in Hanford, CA. When we entered the room we noticed it had a stale, rank smell. I went to use the bathroom and noticed dead bugs in the bathtub. My friend went to turn on the water to wash them down the drain, and there was no water in the tub. So we decided to forgo the shower for the evening. I was outside washing my face, and she was changing in the bathroom and I heard her exclaim, "Oh, Oh, what is this" When I entered the bathroom there was a cockroach running around the floor. Since she had already changed into PJs, I went down to the office to arouse the proprietor out of bed to let him know about the cockroaches and that we were checking out and wanted our money back. He looked at me stupidly and said "Oh, Ok, sorry about that." My friend was loading up our things in the car when I got back to the room. She said that she was curious to check the two beds while leaving the room. Her pillow had a spider web, and my pillow had several dark hairs across the pillow case. Every trip we take we have a "hotel horror story" This was the one for this road-trip. We went on to the Best Western in Hanford, where, even though we woke that proprietor up as well, we were greeted with courteous service, a clean and comfortable room, and free breakfast for only $20 more. It seemed like the Hilton after our experience at the Super 8 "Roach Hotel".

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Margaret G

Travellers are raving about these Hanford hotels

Salinas, California
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Me and my husband had mini vacation to tachi cansnio but we didn't make reservations so you could guess what happened next ever thing was booked so got on GPS found super 8 in Hanford ca.just 15 min away from lemoore ca. And the night staff was very kind and pleasant as well the day staff I enjoy the room everything was nice and clean and I loved the price great so I will rate this stay a ten and for sure I will come stay again and why spend more for fancy motel at the casino when u could save money here and it's just as nice and it's close to any kind of store your looking for believe me when your on budget and you what some were nice to stay this is the place you won't be disappointed try&)

Room Tip: Room nearby the office very quite/room have coffee maker /refrigerator/microwave/i