“Family Vacation”

La Quinta Inn & Suites NE Long Beach/Cypress
A TripAdvisor Member
“Family Vacation”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

The hotel was wonderful. It was clean and breakfast was ok but to small breakfast area. There was a mix up at check out was being overcharged but spoke to the manager and they saw the mistake and refunded my money.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Arabic first
Dayboro, Australia
Reviewed 27 July 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here for nearly 3 weeks (while we watched our daughter compete for Australia in the FIRS World Inline Hockey Championships).
As travellers on a very tight budget, we were very impressed with this hotel. Everything (except the washing machine and dryer - $1 each) was included - parking, breakfast, wifi, gym etc. The hotel still felt fairly new and was very clean and the rooms and bed very comfortable. Having the microwave and fridge in the room was good - although there were no utensils to prepare food outside of the coffee maker and cups. We were aware of this before we arrived, so we went equipped with a mini food preparation kit, so we could make and serve meals which we regularly took down to the spa area to eat.
My husband had to do a lot of work during our trip and the free wifi was great - it worked well everywhere - even in the spa area.
The location was good in so far as we could easily walk to the local shops for cheap supplies.
However, I don't know what public transport was like in this area, as we had a car.
The only negative comment would be about the breakfast, but given that it is free, it is hard to complain. My comment is that it has very limited choices available for gluten or dairy intolerant guests and the food available seems to be very highly processed with lots of high sugar items.

Room Tip: the door to the stairs bangs quite loudly and the lift rings an annoying bell when it arrives at eac...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Heidi K
RED BLUFF
Reviewed 23 July 2013

First the general condition of the property is average and decent shopping and restaurants were nearby. It is not the best location, but it could have been worse. Upon check in I found the elevators did not work and I was given a room on the 4th floor, with no offer to assist with my bags. Then I went to use the vending machines and both the 1st and 3rd floors soda machine was empty.

Upon check out I found that they charged me more than my reservation had stated, and the staff told me that they cannot do anything about it. They said the manager will look into it. Well guess what, the manager never contacted me until I did the online survey sent by La Quinta. Only then did that person look into it and they emailed me saying that the reservation center said there was nothing they could do. I had and offered my printed reservation, but the manager told me that I had to contact the call center directly. Really? I travel often for business and have stayed at La Quinta before, and likely will use them in the future, just not this one. I have never had a hotel charge me more that the quoted rate until I stayed here and I stay in hotels a few times per month. Watch those final bills!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
lqinnhawaiiangardens, Webmaster at La Quinta Inn & Suites NE Long Beach/Cypress, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing La Quinta Inn & Suites Hawaiian Gardens for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was informed of the elevator and instructed to see to the needed repairs.

• Staff received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

• Management was informed about the charges on your credit card.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hawaiian Gardens. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.
Mankato
Reviewed 23 July 2013

This is a brand new hotel, but Malkavain99 is right the walls are paper thin inside the hotel. You can clearly hear conversations, noise, running, and activities in other rooms and hallway. Outside noise as unnoticed. Walls and doors is one area that this company should not cut corners. This is my first stay at La Quinta. Hamptons are very sound proof in comparison. Breakfast was good although having some fruit options, some healthier selection and more frequent stocking would be improvements. Adding Disney Channel to lineup would be great - we had some downtime on the trip and kids missed. this.

Overall this is a very good place. Cars and lot were safe, location is good, beds nice and these cool LED lights change the color of the hotel every few seconds.

Room Tip: Walls are paper thin and you can hear conversations in other rooms, noise above and everything in th...
Greenville
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Spent the weekend and would defintely go back. I had a dog and needed a reasonable priced room. Had business in Long Beach and most places had very high pet deposit and high room rates. While it was little bit longer drive to get to Long Beach, but the hotel was well worth the value. If you have a pet, there is almost no grass at all and is extremely limited exercising area - altho they had waste bags for your use. We ate breakfast both days and it was typical La Quinta. Tides you over until you can get a meal. While it's a bit off the beaten path, there are restaurants and shopping when you get off the highway. The hotel is about a mile from the highway. Super friendly staff, VERY large room, comfy bed and excellent deal for the money

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 21 July 2013

This hotel was nice and clean and a good price, comfortable beds and a big bathroom. The only problem was that the street the hotel is on is a busy street and occasionally a car alarm would go off. The walls are paper thin and you can hear just about everything. I was up to the point of calling management when the small child in the room across the hall somehow got out of his room and was screaming the the hall. This is a hotel not a McDonald's playland, keep your children in check. The hotel isn't in the best of neighborhoods, so I would not think about walking around after dark. If you have a car, driving to where you want to go is fine. Good hotel otherwise for a night.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawaiian Gardens
Sheraton Cerritos Hotel at Towne Center
Best Western Los Alamitos Inn & Suites
HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim
Hampton Inn Los Angeles / Orange County / Cypress

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites NE Long Beach/Cypress? Share your experiences!