Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Hawthorne
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We were desperate for an overnight stay near LAX.

Like, $140/night desperate.

We arrived dead tired from our 10 hour flight from Copenhagen, so it was great to have a welcoming staff. We received clean quarters and a spotless bathroom. The hot breakfast came in handy as we rushed back to the airport after a short 6 hour stay here.

The 24 hour complimentary shuttle to and from the airport is great and the drivers are so helpful. Thank you Holiday Inn!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Hotel was a good value for an overnight near LAX. Shuttle pickup and dropoff at airport was complementary and convenient. Room was spacious and clean with full amenities. A few food options within waling distance. Fitness center was adequate. Breakfast was very good, but who opts for a pancake machine over a waffle iron?

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This was my second time staying at this hotel. Both times it was selected as part of a package deal. I'm not sure you could get a good price if you booked separately from a air/hotel trip package. The beds are the most comfortable I've seen in a hotel, the free breakfast is good and saves on meal costs and the free internet coverage/speed is adequate for what I needed it for. Being close to the airport is a bonus. The distance into Los Angeles isn't too bad. The hotel and rooms are clean and the staff who keep the breakfast food full are friendly. Overall a great stay.

The only issue we had was the first year we stayed there. The other guests in my party were smokers and were told they could not smoke near the entrance and had to go to the end closest to the garage. This wasn't a problem for them as they understood. However that policy didn't apply to the hotel staff. They could stand right outside and smoke away.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I spent one night here with my spouse before an early international flight. After collecting baggage at LAX, I called the hotel who told me it would be about 15 minutes for the shuttle to arrive. The waiting process was very confusing as there were many shuttles that drove past with flashing signs saying they were dropping off passengers at the Holiday Inn Hawthorne. Instead we waited hoping one would arrive that we could tell was solely from the Hawthorne. The one we decided to take was a 15 passenger van that had Holiday Inn/La Quinta Hawthorne. I knew that these two were next door to each other, so we loaded up. Thankfully we got to the correct hotel.

I booked through Hotwire and it was nice to see that they had my reservation at check-in. Before we took our room, we signed up on the list for a shuttle to LAX for the next morning. A nice touch was the attendant offering to provide us with a boxed breakfast in case our shuttle left before breakfast was open. We received a spacious corner room with a king bed and office area. The bathroom is an average Holiday Inn bathroom, but I was pleasantly surprised with the bed's comfort. It was difficult rolling out of bed the next morning!

Breakfast was a buffet-style that included muffins and juice. The shuttle left on time and took us where we needed to be. Excellent job, Holiday Inn!

Room Tip: The corner room was bigger than other Holiday Inn Express rooms I've stayed in (not sure if all...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pinkpiff
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 3 night . Never got a chance to tast the breakfast as I got up late everyday but I am sure it must be good . The staff is friendly , the rooms are neat and clean , wifi service in room is excellent . Over all a very good experience . Close to the airport . When ever I go back to LA will b staying at this hotel . Good job guys

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed here fro a stop over in LA, this place was fantastic, Crowne plaza need to learn a few things from these guys, breakfast was great, easy access to LA train system took about 40 minutes to get to Hollywood. I would recommend this place had a free shuttle every half and hour to LAX Stay here rather than any of the big name hotels right near LAX easy transport to downtown Hollywood

Room Tip: any room will do
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank llebpmac84
Reviewed 9 May 2014

My husband and I visited southern California from May 05, thru May 08, 2014. After a lot of exhaustive hotel searching, we settled on the Holiday Inn Express in Hawthorne. I can say that the Intercontinental Hotel Group - which includes the Holiday Inn Express, has stepped up their game in the lower rung properties. We were impressed that the hotel's covered parking lot was gated and we had to have a security code to get into the parking lot. Also, the room had a microwave and refrigerator, extra pluses. There was an Express breakfast which included biscuits, cinnamon rolls, mass-produced eggs with chees inside, instant cups of oatmeal, small cups of yogurt, turkey sausage, dry cereal and boiled eggs. Basically, a pretty good value-though by me not being a meat eater, I was looking for some kind of hash browns or country fried potatoes to accompany my biscuit and eggs. But it is Holiday Inn Express, meaning express service, including breakfast. Also, I was impressed with the toppings for cereal, raisins, walnuts and granola. The staff was very friendly as well and the hotel was very clean. Overall, a very nice and pleasant stay.

Room Tip: I cannot recommend a room choice per se, as we stayed on the second floor (I think there were 3 or 4...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sonja m
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawthorne
LAX Area
Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport
LAX Area
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
#99 of 355 in Los Angeles

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne

Address: 11436 Hawthorne Blvd, Hawthorne, CA 90250-2312
Region: United States > California > Hawthorne
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Hawthorne
Price Range: £86 - £154 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne 2.5*
Our newly constructed 120 room hotel offers the fastest and most reliable free high speed Internet in the city! To help you stay fit our hotel features a 24 hour complimentary fitness center. Our state of the art meeting space can facilitate any of your business or social event needs. On the road with no laptop? Don’t worry; you can print directions to local attractions and your next boarding pass in our complimentary business center ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Agoda, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne