“Great place to stay”

Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Hawthorne
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This hotel gets an A+ rating for an unexpected gem in the middle of the city. Clean, updated, spacious, courteous staff, excellent breakfast, 24 hour airport shuttle, 15-20 minutes depending on traffic. Would highly recommend

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
CHC-GR, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear ThriftyTraveler100,
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to welcome you. I am pleased to hear that our location, big rooms, and friendly staff added such great value to your hotel experience. Your recommendation is most appreciated and we hope you will come back to visit us soon.

Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel was ideal for our 2 night stop over from UK to Vancouver, BC. We were looking for something cheap, comfortable and near LAX. The room was as advertised, the large bed was great after our 12 hour flight. The free shuttle was a godsend, but you need to call the hotel from the LAX information desk to arrange pickup (they don't run continually like other, larger hotels). Staff were helpful and friendly and the breakfast offerings were nice although both days the room was packed and people had to wait for a seat at 7:30am. Not the most luxurious of surroundings, but Venice beach etc were only a short(ish) bus journey away. Room was clean and tidy and the hotel was quiet at night.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DartinSquire
CHC-GR, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear DartinSquire,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor. I am so pleased you liked the friendliness of our staff and the cleanliness of your room accommodations. Your feedback encourages our team members to work even harder to constantly delight our guests. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Thank you again for your review and we hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel on arrival at LAX and again 3 weeks later, the night before departure. Although small, with little frills in the facility as a whole, the service is outstanding, the rooms spacious and very clean and the location just a few minutes from the airport.

The rooms are up to date in furnishings, and have a small kitchen area with sink, granite counter, range top, microwave and full size fridge; bathroom is a decent size, with granite counter.

The lobby is small, not for lounging but fine to check in, getting some coffee and using the computer to check your email. Outdoor pool seems to be heated. Good size breakfast room, with a substantial array of morning offerings.

It is difficult to find, if you are driving; on Acacia, a small, sort of dead end street off of Imperial Hwy (avenue actually). They will pick you from airport if you prefer. As you can see, we would not aonly stay there again; we did stay there again, and were just as pleased as the first time.
Turn at the Hampton Inn and youw ill be fine. Nice, free, enclosed parking for your car.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear PokeyPaddler,
Thank you so much for your very kind and detailed review. It was fantastic having the chance to welcome you and show you how comfortable a stay with us can be. I am thrilled that everything from the service to the large, clean and comfortable rooms made your experience so remarkable. We do hope you will have the chance to visit again very soon

Reviewed 29 January 2014

this hotel are great place for layover close to LAX i book for 1 night. airport free shuttle very convenience just call the hotel when you arrive take 10-15 minute for shuttle arrive . i stay in double queen room in back part of hotel my windows facing the Birch Ave. i don't try to open the window because the house behind the hotel lot of dog poo the smell can come up to the room.

But overall is good , good food for breakfast, great staff , lot of restaurant most of are fast food.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
CHC-GR, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Wtraveler19xx,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our fellow travelers. We are thrilled to know you enjoyed your stay at the Comfort Inn Cockatoo near LAX Hawthorne. It was a privilege to serve you. We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I booked my room 1 king bed non smoking 3hrs before arrival from Priceline.com came in and the receptionist couldn't find me spent 15 minutes on the phone they faxed the receptionist a form and it took her another 8 minutes to check me in! Anyway I came into my room and the first thing I noticed was the stench of pee (like somebody urinated all over the carpet) I am not been exaggerated I am not sure if it was because of the AC been on. I called the receptionist guy on the lobby and told him I booked a king bedroom and I got a double bed room I ask him if there's anything he can do and he said no that's all we have everything else is booked with a bored tone in his voice!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
CHC-GR, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Tania M,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Please know that our management team reads each and every review, constantly looking for areas to improve our service and hotel amenities. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer exceptional experience to all of our guests. Thank you again, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

I stayed here in December 2013 for four nights. Staff were friendly and helpful, the room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good but could have had more variety each day. The kitchenette in my room didn't have any kitchen supplies such as plates, cutlery etc, which could have been provided. Overall I had a pleasant stay.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
CHC-GR, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear traveller85London,
Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Comfort Inn Cockatoo. We value your comments and are thankful you took the time to express your experience. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Well, I don't like giving negative reviews but feel compelled to be honest.This room was very clean but not very inviting. The television didn't work. The air conditioner was on full and the room was freezing (63 degrees). The man at the front desk was not very welcoming or helpful. He handed me 1 key and let me figure out the rest, like where is the parking, is there a breakfast area and where is it and most important, where is my room? I have never been greeted this way in a hotel. When we left we had to go into a parking garage that had a security code to enter. Only problem was that I didn't remember the code, we had just turned in the key to the hotel. Luckily a maintenance man was doing some work nearby and came to open the gate for us. He was the nicest person we had seen there. Think twice about this place.

Room Tip: Room with a working television.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
CHC-GR, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear Rose C,
Thank you for your recent review. I understand that it is a necessity to extend a warm welcome to every guest and apologize that the normal welcoming attitude of our front desk staff was not evident and caused dissatisfaction with our hotel. It is our goal to exceed our guests expectations in service and accommodations, so it is with disappointment that I hear how we've fallen short of that goal. Your comments have been shared with my team so that the appropriate changes can be made for the comfort of our guests. We hope you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior service and accommodations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawthorne
0 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne
Hampton Inn Los Angeles Int'l Airport Hawthorne
La Quinta Inn & Suites Inglewood
Candlewood Suites Lax Hawthorne
Crystal Inn Suites & Spas - LAX
Quality Inn & Suites Los Angeles Airport - LAX

Been to Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport? Share your experiences!