“affordable, clean and convenient”

Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Hawthorne
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We were in LA for one night only. This hotel had a free shuttle to/from the airport. Check-in was quick and the neighborhood felt safe even at night. Our room had a king size bed that was very comfortable plus a fridge and microwave. The room was spacious and clean. Staff was very friendly and also provided some good tips to us for the few hours we had before flying out. We didn't swim but the pool looked clean. Breakfast was typical for a Choice Hotel and there was plenty of food. I would stay here again if I ever needed to be near the airport for a night or two.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
CHC-GR, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Dear leopardgolfer,
Thank you for sharing your positive experience with others. I'm glad to see that your stay was problem-free from start to finish. At Comfort Inn Cockatoo we strive to be your home away from home by providing our guests with warm and personalized service, clean and spacious rooms, and a delicious hot breakfast to get your day started. We look forward to welcoming you on your next trip to Los Angeles

Reviewed 4 April 2014

We picked this hotel based on the price and the TA reviews and were not disappointed. The hotel is clean and the rooms well furnished; no problems at all. The neighborhood is a *little* sketchy at night; my brother and I walked down to Rico's Taco for breakfast without problems in the early morning however. The breakfast is nice, my wife enjoyed it. The hotel layout is odd; parking is in an adjoining deck and then you have to walk in front of a house to the hotel to check in, then through a keycard controlled door. We saw security on patrol constantly after dark; we had no problems at all with locals or concerns about parking our car. The hotel shuttle needed a good detailing but was operated safely and when advertised. Friendly, helpful staff. I would not hesitate to stay here again if I needed to stay near LAX.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank civilengtiger

Dear civilengtiger,
Thank you so much for such a detailed and wonderful review about your stay! We know that you have many choices when it comes to hotels, and we are thrilled to know you chose Comfort Inn Cockatoo. Our clean rooms and friendly staff are the two major highlights of our hotel that make us so special. I'm delighted to know that our dedicated team were able to deliver a warm and friendly service. Thank you for giving us the pleasure to serve you, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Came here for a business trip and I know I will be back. The staff were very kind and professional. One clerk who I found very helpful was Akber (or Akbar) who went out of his way to be courteous. The hotel and rooms were very clean and spacious, which was what made me like the hotel a lot. Only complaint I could make was that the neighborhood was a bit harsh.

Room Tip: Wifi on the ground floor was stronger than the other floors.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
CHC-GR, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear inandouttravler,
Thank you so very much for your generous compliments. My staff and I truly appreciate the recognition. We work hard to make each and every guests stay a fantastic experience and one to remember. I am so happy to hear that we have been able to make your stay with us here at Comfort Inn Cockatoo so enjoyable. We look forward to your next reservation

Reviewed 29 March 2014

We stayed at comfort inn cockatoo for 2 nights in march2014.Right from the shuttle pick up at LAX to check -in ,everything was smoothly taken care of.The rooms are spacious with refrigerator and microwave.Complimentary breakfast was satisfactory.
What impressed me most was the friendliness of the front desk staff who went out of the way in guiding us how to get around LA.
There is complimentary coffee available at the reception at all times!

Dear PG702014,
Thank you for taking the time and posting your review on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased that you liked our friendly staff and our accommodations. Your feedback encourages our team members to work even harder to continue to provide excellent service. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back soon

Reviewed 26 March 2014

We were pleasantly surprised with the clean spacious rooms. There were five people in our group, and everyone agreed that it was a great place to stay. The beds were very comfortable and the bedding was very fresh and clean. The staff were extremely helpful and very patient, gave us transit directions to the huge Galleria Mall, not too far by bus. We used the free Shuttle to LAX and it was right on time - I would recommend this hotel for families and anyone wanting a nice clean place to stay! Good breakfast included too!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
CHC-GR, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Dear Rosalie M,
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to welcome you. I am pleased to hear that our shuttle service, big rooms, and friendly staff added such great value to your hotel experience. Your recommendation is most appreciated and we hope you will come back to visit us soon.

Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Booked in here after I'd flown from London, via Sydney to LAX, needless to say I didn't want any fuss. The reception staff were helpful and the rooms were quite big and well laid out with full size fridge and microwave. Beds were also very comfortable. Not the best neighbourhood but still had no problems walking around by myself at night. They also have free breakfast here.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Outback_Australian

Dear Outback_Australian,
Thank you so much for not only staying with us but also for taking time to share your experience with others. We know you have alot of options when it comes to lodging and we appreciate choosing us. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again soon.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

The rooms were huge with a full sized refrigerator and good air conditioning. The hotel itself was fine for one night, but I wasn't keen on the neighbourhood, or the parking situation. Parking is free, but the parking lot is not attached to the hotel. It was strange to check-in, drive several hundred yards into a multi-storey parking structure, then walk back on the street to the hotel. We didn't feel safe here and would not choose this location again.

1  Thank SanBC1
CHC-GR, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear IsisBritishColumbia,
Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our huge room with a full sized refrigerator and good air conditioning. However, we’re sorry our parking garage caused discomfort and disatisfaction but please keep in mind parking is complimentary at our hotel and many other hotels charge for parking. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. We hope to see you agani should your travels bring you to the Los Angeles area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawthorne
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne
Hampton Inn Los Angeles Int'l Airport Hawthorne
Candlewood Suites Lax Hawthorne
La Quinta Inn & Suites Inglewood
Crystal Inn Suites & Spas - LAX
Quality Inn & Suites Los Angeles Airport - LAX

Been to Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport? Share your experiences!