Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport
El Rancho Inn(Hawthorne)
US$102
US$86
Agoda.com
All reviewsfull size refrigeratordead end streetfree shuttlewafflesfree breakfastcul de sacother hotelskitchen sinkparking garagebreakfast roomhotel is locatedroom was largenice poolsausagetwo queen bedslong flightlax airport
Reviewed 11 April 2014

A great find for our stopover near LAX. Close enough with free shuttle but far enough from airport & any major roads for a quiet nights sleep. Very comfy bed,good size room & bathroom, clean,nice pool & free breakfast with plenty of choice. Not much around for dinner except for takeaways or chain type eateries ............ Denny's etc but we found a not to bad Mexican a 3 block walk away. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Pool view with balcony 2nd floor
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
CHC-GR, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear kiwigypsey,
Thank you so much for such a fantastic review about your stay! We couldn't be happier to know you enjoyed your stay at the Comfort Inn Cockatoo. One of our primary goals is to create a warm and long-lasting experience for all our guests, and it is reviews like yours that inspire us to go above and beyond. We are looking forward to welcoming you very soon.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I expected a budget hotel, but this hotel was above expectation. The hotel offers a free shuttle to/from the airport every 30 minutes. Check-in was quick and the neighborhood was very nice and safe. The room and hygiene were better than what I've expected. The room was big, clean and furnished with a king size bed, very comfortable. Hosts were very friendly. Breakfast was rich and fresh (yogurt, cereals, fruits, muffin, cookies, pancakes, bacon... very good choice). I would definitely stay here again if I ever needed to go to LA again. Good one!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Aperkkv
CHC-GR, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Dear leopardgolfer,
I cannot begin to thank you enough for the kind and generous things you said about your stay and the hotel. It is such a wonderful feeling when we are able to satisfy our guests and make their stay enjoyable, on behalf of my staff and I, Thank you. We hope to welcome you back soon

Reviewed 4 April 2014

We were in LA for one night only. This hotel had a free shuttle to/from the airport. Check-in was quick and the neighborhood felt safe even at night. Our room had a king size bed that was very comfortable plus a fridge and microwave. The room was spacious and clean. Staff was very friendly and also provided some good tips to us for the few hours we had before flying out. We didn't swim but the pool looked clean. Breakfast was typical for a Choice Hotel and there was plenty of food. I would stay here again if I ever needed to be near the airport for a night or two.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
CHC-GR, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Dear leopardgolfer,
Thank you for sharing your positive experience with others. I'm glad to see that your stay was problem-free from start to finish. At Comfort Inn Cockatoo we strive to be your home away from home by providing our guests with warm and personalized service, clean and spacious rooms, and a delicious hot breakfast to get your day started. We look forward to welcoming you on your next trip to Los Angeles

Reviewed 4 April 2014

We picked this hotel based on the price and the TA reviews and were not disappointed. The hotel is clean and the rooms well furnished; no problems at all. The neighborhood is a *little* sketchy at night; my brother and I walked down to Rico's Taco for breakfast without problems in the early morning however. The breakfast is nice, my wife enjoyed it. The hotel layout is odd; parking is in an adjoining deck and then you have to walk in front of a house to the hotel to check in, then through a keycard controlled door. We saw security on patrol constantly after dark; we had no problems at all with locals or concerns about parking our car. The hotel shuttle needed a good detailing but was operated safely and when advertised. Friendly, helpful staff. I would not hesitate to stay here again if I needed to stay near LAX.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank civilengtiger

Dear civilengtiger,
Thank you so much for such a detailed and wonderful review about your stay! We know that you have many choices when it comes to hotels, and we are thrilled to know you chose Comfort Inn Cockatoo. Our clean rooms and friendly staff are the two major highlights of our hotel that make us so special. I'm delighted to know that our dedicated team were able to deliver a warm and friendly service. Thank you for giving us the pleasure to serve you, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Came here for a business trip and I know I will be back. The staff were very kind and professional. One clerk who I found very helpful was Akber (or Akbar) who went out of his way to be courteous. The hotel and rooms were very clean and spacious, which was what made me like the hotel a lot. Only complaint I could make was that the neighborhood was a bit harsh.

Room Tip: Wifi on the ground floor was stronger than the other floors.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
CHC-GR, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear inandouttravler,
Thank you so very much for your generous compliments. My staff and I truly appreciate the recognition. We work hard to make each and every guests stay a fantastic experience and one to remember. I am so happy to hear that we have been able to make your stay with us here at Comfort Inn Cockatoo so enjoyable. We look forward to your next reservation