“Great place to stay”

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Hawthorne
MANHATTAN
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I stayed here for 8 days. I found it very peaceful. The rooms are located enough away from the traffic of the main street to have some quietness form the traffic except for an occasional siren passing. The room I got was clean & enough space to have areas- eating, desk to read, computer work and a very comfortable bed. Close to local stores and Highways. Wifi is dependable and the bathroom was very sufficient -tub is big enough to soak in. The shower head could be higher( I'm 6'). The sink stopped-up and was cleared w/in minutes after I called about it. Stayed there during Christmas & the weather was chilly, for LA, but the heat in the room was on point! I will definitely be staying here again when I visit

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 3 January 2013

This motel has quite comfortable and clean rooms even if the bathroom in my room was not so fine, specially the bathtub was quite dirty and without water.
The staff is not very friendly or helpful, just enough to give your room key and wifi password.
The position is excellent if you need or want to sleep near the airport.
In the end, considering the cheap price, I can suggest it as a good choice for one night; you get what you pay for.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Campinas, SP
Reviewed 11 November 2012

When we see this hotel from outside, it looks a bit too simple, but the rooms are very spacious, clean and with all basic amenities. I felt very comfortable in this hotel and I really RECOMMEND it. If you want a nice budged place near to the LAX airport, you just found the right budget hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
San Diego, California
Reviewed 22 October 2012

My husband found this accommodating hotel via Priceline when he was hired on a job that took place in Los Angeles. Everything in the room was clean, including the microwave and fridge. The Internet was also good which is a necessity for my line of work. The location is also ideal and the area has many restaurants. It also is comforting to know that the police station is only one block away. We're coming back!!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Berlin
Reviewed 6 October 2012

When booking on priceline, the lowest price was quoted for the smoking room. Being a non-smoker I bit the bullet and booked it anyway and was pleasantly surprised when I was given a choice of smoking/non-smoking & downstairs/upstairs at check in. This is the lowest priced accommodation close to LAX, with the highest rating received and it deserves it. The room was clean, spacious and functional and I slept well after my long journey. I especially liked the bathroom setup with the small window for ventilation and separating the sink from the shower and toilet area. If you wish to wash a dish or something, that is always nicer when you can do it outside of the bathroom. Proprietor was pleasant upon check out. I will stay here again for my next trip to LA.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank spinalcrackerbox
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 9 August 2012

I was very happy with my stay here. I expected somewhat less, but the room was large enough, in excellent shape and everything worked. I don't have the cleaning crew come in every day, so upon leaving the second day, (I stayed for 5,) I mentioned to the crew that they could clean, and if they would be sure to leave more coffee. They left 4 packets. I was totally satisfied here. Wireless internet worked great. My only issue was that Captions were turned on on the TV. Since I don't need them, they were only a bother - not enough of a bother, however, to worry about.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Walter B
calgary
Reviewed 24 July 2012

All LA hotels were booked due to medical conference so I booked this hotel. Pleasantly surprised. Very clean but hard beds. Icy cold air conditioning was great. One block from police station. Felt safe. Great for overnight stay. Not fancy but comfortable. Family run business.Was a $17 cab ride at 11pm from airport. Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank CalgaryMeetcho
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawthorne
Crystal Inn Suites & Spas - LAX
Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites -  LAX / El Segundo
Hampton Inn Los Angeles Int'l Airport Hawthorne
Baymont Inn & Suites - Lax/Lawndale
Wingate by Wyndham Los Angeles International Airport LAX

Been to Hawthorne Plaza Inn? Share your experiences!