“I enjoyed staying at the ayres hotel.”

Ayres Hotel Manhattan Beach / Hawthorne
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Hawthorne
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at your hotel two different times and both times our stay was very easy. We were there for a convention. Location was great, hotel was clean and quiet and service was excellent. They even included breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Not much to add! I was very impressed with the staff and and how beautiful the rooms were!
Location was perfect and accessible to a variety of shopping.
That I had to be away from home for this many days your establishment made it easier.

• Stayed: April 2014
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Manhattan Beach / Hawthorne, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Mmarta1965,

It was a pleasure welcoming you recently .Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor and for choosing us for your stay. We are very pleased to know you found your stay to be wonderful as well as conveniently located. Thank you also for complimenting our team. We truly strive to provide exceptional guest service. We cannot wait to welcome you again!

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I wrote a raving review on this hotel a year ago - it offered top quality service and clean rooms. I was excited for our return only to find it a complete disappointment. The staff is poor, the rooms are dismal, the vending machines don't work. Its a super 8 quality at most -

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank schuda

Dear Schuda,

Thank you for your candid review on TripAdvisor and for giving us another chance to "wow" you. Your feedback is appreciated and we deeply apologize if we did not meet your expectations. We value guest input and invite you to please contact us to discuss further details and see if there are ways we can improve our offerings and accommodations. We hope that you can give us another opportunity to show you how exceptional a stay with us can be.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Recently I stayed at your hotel for my niece's wedding. Overall, my stay was enjoyable. There was one member of your staff that stood out more than the others and that staff member was part of your cleaning staff. I was wandering around the first floor looking at the paintings and such, the housekeeper was walking by and asked if i needed assistance in located anything in particular. I replied that I was merely looking around. She took the time to tell me about the paintings being mostly russian artists and about the three graces statue and the other statue being a replica of a statue from a fountain in Italy? (she knew the name ,but, alas, I do not remember what she said) She also informed me that there were some photos hanging in the other hall that I may find interesting and I did. I was quite amazed that your housecleaning staff would be so informative. I wish I remembered her name, but I do not. This is extremely politically incorrect of me to say, but she was a white lady. Although this is very un-pc, I am sure it will help to narrow down who I am speaking about. (in case, Ayres management reads these reviews)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I'm staying here this weekend for a girls trip to LA. We have a room on the first floor with a door that. Opens to the courtyard. The hotel has free wifi, free parking, is 8 mins from LAX (no airport shuttle unfortunately), 20 minutes from Rodeo Dr, there is a hotel shuttle that will take you to Manhattan Beach- we went but there wasn't much to see, I wasn't impressed. Directly across the street Is Bed Bath and Beyond, Costco, McDonalds, loads of other resurtants and grocery stores are very close. The hotel room. was very quiet with no noise from other guests, comfortable bed and lovely furnishing. I paid $159 on Priceline and feel I got an amazing deal. The girls and I are having a great time here but I would love to come back with my husband and the kids. Hotel room includes small microwave and mini fridge that Is not stocked at all so it can be used to keep your own items cold.

Room Tip: I usually don't want to be on the first floor but is this case I loved it.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Have a very nice stay in April at the Ayres Hotel in Hawthorne. Check in was very smooth and the staff extremely pleasant and professional. The hotel was very kind to us and upgraded our room. Had a wonderful night of sleep in a comfortable bed. The room was nicely appointed. Would definitely stay there again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We arrived late on a Friday night from the East Coast and were greeted with a friendly smile and useful information. We were staying for my son's graduation from college and had no idea how to navigate the area. The young man at the counter took the time to explain 3 different options for traveling to the Hollywood area. He was very patient and most helpful. Check in was a breeze and the room was spacious and very clean. We had requested a room on the back of the hotel and it was quiet every night. The hotel is very attractive on the outside as well as the inside. It has an old world charm to the decor and we were impressed with all aspects. Would highly recommend this hotel for your stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Manhattan Beach / Hawthorne, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Chris S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor to let others know about your recent experience at our hotel. We are pleased to know you found your room accommodations to be spacious and very clean. Thank you as well for complimenting our amazing team. We truly strive to provide excellent service. We appreciate the recommendation and cannot wait to have you stay with us in the near future!

Dave Lagarce

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawthorne
The Belamar Hotel
#7 of 9 in Manhattan Beach
Hotel Hermosa
Hotel Hermosa
#3 of 7 in Hermosa Beach

Been to Ayres Hotel Manhattan Beach / Hawthorne? Share your experiences!