“room lightening and furnishing were terrible, towels were...”

Ramada Hawthorne/LAX
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Hawthorne
Hawthorne
“room lightening and furnishing were terrible, towels were...”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

room lightening and furnishing were terrible, towels were not clean, noisy atmosphere, parking structure was rediculous, staff at atlas rent a car was very rude, i rented a car from them just because of emergency, i would never ever rent a car from them and would not prefer staying at this hotel again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

1 Thank Arun B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Horrible desk service, shuttle service, online communication. Great airport parking rate. Wasn't worth the rate.
Online shuttle rotations conflict with what is posted at hotel.
Shuttle van is unmarked (to and from airport).
Would not have known that WE HAD TO CALL THE UNMARKED VAN TO PICK US UP FROM AIRPORT LOADING ZONE unless I'd asked.
The business card we were given to call was not a working number and was misspelled, "CEO/Ownwer". Ha! That should've been a clue.
Will not repeat.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Kimberly B
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

When we drove into the parkade, a pimp-mobile with blacked out windows rolled past very slowly playing loud obnoxious rap...there was an empty box of beer with the cans thrown everywhere on the first level.

We wrote this initial impression off as a coincidence and checked in. This was a very big mistake.

We have kids and had booked a room with two double beds because it was near the airport and all we needed was a crash pad. The reviews when we booked looked good enough. Clean etc. Well it isn't clean any more. And not safe either.

Our room had only one bed and a pull out couch. We had a lot of trouble with the couch but finally got it open. When we did I couldn't believe my eyes. The sheet looked ripped, tatty, and very very dirty. There was even lipstick stains all over one edge!!! The mattress was completely shot, with at least six inches of sag from the edges to the middle.

I went down to the lobby to request the type of room we had booked, and was advised that they had none and had likely overbooked. A smoking room with double beds was available and I checked it out but it was simply too smelly for us to be able to handle.

I asked for a second room so that my wife and kids could sleep in one and me in the other, or alternately a refund...and very unfortunately received the second room.

It was on the same floor as my wife and kid's room, and by now I had spent easily an hour going up and down and around. Our room was on the same level as the pool, and a huge black man was standing in the shadows for the entire time. Both entrances to the pool, which was supposed to be locked after 9:00 PM, were ajar - and it seemed very obvious that this fellow was engaged in either drug dealing or prostitution.

Given the sheets of our pull out bed, it would seem the latter had been a plausible prior use of the filthy sheets. So disgusting!

I walked down multiple hallways on multiple floors and every one had at least one flickering, failing light. It reminded me of the video game "Max Payne". And the hallways were very dirty too.

I used the elevator a lot in this whole ordeal and it sounds very scary. It makes loud screeching noises. And I don't think the elevators have been cleaned, ever. I accidentally touched the walls and they have a very thick coating of something gross over top of the paint.

I am amazed that Ramada hasn't taken their name off this building.

P.S. The air conditioner didn't work.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Jeff H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawthorne
Hawthorne Plaza Inn
#7 of 11 in Hawthorne
Westside
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel
LAX Area
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
#83 of 351 in Los Angeles

Been to Ramada Hawthorne/LAX? Share your experiences!