“old hotel”

Ramada Hawthorne/LAX
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Hawthorne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

Upsides:
-The pool seemed nice, as well as the scenery
-The room was clean, for the most part
-The location is convenient if you don't want anything nearby and just need quick highway access

Downsides:
-The bathroom was practically filthy
-The staff was rude (we asked for towels only to have them talk back and hang up. We called every half hour to check on towels and they continued being rude and hanging up. They finally informed us they were drying and would be up in about an hour, which they could have done in the first place to save everyone the trouble. We also asked for new room keys as we locked ourselves out and they were very condescending about that.)
-The parking was a nightmare on a non-busy day. If you happen to find a spot someone was likely taking up a part of it and it was nearly impossible to get in.
-It's not really worth the price. $100/night to stay in a lackluster hotel in an area with nothing
-The hotel is questionable. We arrived and received our keys and there was someone already staying in our room. We went back down and they didn't even believe us at first so we had to have the lady in our room call and let them know we were telling the truth. It was a confusing mess.
-The wifi was completely unreliable. I actually tried leaving this review while there but the internet went down for several hours.

The only reason I would EVER stay here again is because of the highway access, but I have a feeling I can find that elsewhere.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Silas P
Ramada1LAX, Manager at Ramada Hawthorne/LAX, responded to this review, 26 January 2015
I am so sorry to hear about the difficulties that you experienced such as filthy bathroom and rude staff. though I’m glad you found our location to be convenient, pool nice, and room clean. I am sorry for any rudeness or insult that you encountered with this situation and I assure you that your comments have been addressed with our entire staff and management team to ensure that no similar incident occurs in the future. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations We appreciate you giving your feedback about your recent experience in our hotel and we thank you for bringing a number of important matters to our attention. We hope to see you again someday and to transform your opinion of our hotel and service.
Spokane, WA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

No towels in room, save a bath mat towel, vague smell in room. Litter in stained dirty elevator.
In lobby, by elevator, a trash can overflowing. By pool leftover pop cans.

5th time I've stayed here, 1st time in perhaps 1.5 years, and it's poorer on all levels. Smack on El Segundo which gets really noisy, also can hear The 405. High, high traffic noise.

The Hacienda, for about the same price is much, much better, closer to LAX, in a better neighborhood, better on every single level.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank freckles99201
It is disheartening to learn that you did not enjoy your stay and that the room was not properly and thoroughly cleaned and maintained according to the high standards of our housekeeping and maintenance staff such as no towels in room, vague smell in room, stained in the elevator, and overflowing trash. It is of the highest importance that things like this are not missed by our staff and mistakes like this should never be overlooked. We hope to see you again someday and to transform your opinion of our hotel and service.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

First and fourmost this place is long over due for a Remodel, Very old decor, Dirty outdated carpeting. The room was clean and the House keeping staff were very friendly and helpful. I also noticed some unsavory and suspicious looking characters and activities there abouts. There seems to be I think a prostitution ring operating out of that location.. Parking is AWFUL! especially if you are in a larger vehicle. The restraunt did not look appealing ( or clean) although there are pleanty of eating establishments nearby.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Johnnie S
I regret to discover that you weren't thoroughly impressed with us during your most recent stay as you found our hotel as old and having dirty carpets, as well as awful parking, and unappealing restaurants. However, we are glad you found our staff very friendly and helpful. We are also forever working to improve upon the guest experience and I hope you will remember our attributes and return to see how we have improved to impress you even more.
Rochester, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Clean towels and sheets but hotel very outdated. Was probably nice 15-20 yrs ago, looks like little has been updated since. Has a dirty appearance due to its need for updating. Entire fitness center was closed, an old paper sign said it was temporarily closed but that sign looked like it had been hanging up for awhile. I used the pool which was so-so. Didn't have any issues with the parking and the room was quiet other than some traffic sounds. Hallways creepy at night as they are dimly lot. Stayed here bc I did Expedia hotel bidding and it was not refundable. Things look like they are falling apart, could be nice if the money was put in to update the place. Wish I paid more for a nicer hotel.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Lauren B
I am so sorry to hear about the difficulties that you experienced with our hotel room as you found it dirty that needs updating etc. though I’m glad you found our towels clean and you didn’t have issues with the parking and our room as quiet as possible. Your feedback will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for you and other guests in the future. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!
Dana Point, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Room was dark and not to clean, Furnishings worn and chipped. Sofabed cushions were collapsed and not clean. Parking was horrendous. Tight confines. Trying to park a Suburban. I am guessing the spaces were made smaller to accommodate a "park and fly" service so the hotel can make extra money? Elevators and hallways were dirty. I should have known that $139/night was to good to be true. Never again...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

1 Thank Howard T
Please accept our sincerest apologies for the housekeeping issues such as unclean room, worn and chipped furnishings and dirty elevators and hallways that you encountered during your stay in our hotel. Rest assured that our housekeeping staff is held to a very high standard and that your comments are being addressed.
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed with my my mom, 2 sisters and their kids in this hotel expecting a good and safe place to stay.

The 1st night was bad, we found out the sofa bed was broken. We reported to the Front Desk and asked if we can have someone fix it. The Front Desk personnel said, no one can fix it because everyone was gone due to the holidays (4th of July). We asked if we can be moved to another room, they said, the hotel is fully booked. The staff asked us to try again in the morning and see if they can move us to another room with 2 king size bed.

2nd night was worse, terribly worse!!! I am not a negative person but I have to inform the guests staying in this hotel to make sure guests double lock the doors when you sleep at night (the metal on top where you turn to the other side of the door so when the knobs gets opened accidentally the door won't fully open). The reason why, around 12:30 -1:30am while we were sleeping, we were awakened by a loud banging on the door, someone was trying to get in the room for a good 3 minutes. When the person eventually stopped, I checked our door and it was slightly opened, good thing i have placed the door lock on top otherwise the person would've been able to get in the room. While this was happening (door banging), I called the Front Desk to report and ask for security, no one picked up the phone. My niece was traumatized, shaking and couldn't sleep after the incident.
My sister and I informed the Front Desk in the morning and they said, they will inform the Manager.

Room Tip: Please make sure you lock and double lock your rooms!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank may3inhim
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawthorne
Westside
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel
Westside
Travelodge Hotel LAX Los Angeles Intl

Been to Ramada Hawthorne/LAX? Share your experiences!