“ok inn good budget motel”

Budget Inn of Hayward
Ranked #1 of 1 Hayward B&B and Inns
Berkeley, California
“ok inn good budget motel”
Reviewed 16 August 2012

first i woul dike to say is that this hotel is not as bad as i though it be and it took me about 10-20 minuates to get a room since they were cleaning chekcin time is at 3:00 but was their 10 minautes earlier. the room i got was new and it was really nice.... i dont know how to explain what was nice but was nice. Will come back and stay here again... ther rooms are big and large also a big change i seen many reviews so i wanted to try this place so yea and they charge me a great amount so i was happy

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
9 Thank sonya r

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 15 August 2012

We stayed at this Budget inn for one night while driving accross california state. Among all the hotels on our road trip, this was one of the best. We had made reservations online and arrived at the hotel around, shortly after dark. What we immediately noticed was that lobby and breakfast area looked comfortable with chairs and sofas and were nicely lit - other people seemed to feel the same and were sitting there reading magazines. The breakfast area is open and offers complimentary coffee and tea. The front desk clerk was very friendly and already had our express checkin prepared. What we weren't prepared for was her last comment that still sticks in our head: "breakfast at 8" - she was serious, I don't know if it was a special day or if it was because of a university reunion happening that weekend, but they were seriously serving fresh breakfast later that morning, together with fresh coffee. Never seen anything like it. When we got off the third floor the overall impression continued - thick, clean carpets that absorbed all noise. The room was in very good shape, nice thick bed covers, quality looking furniture, TV, comfortable chair, nice deigned furnitre we immediately felt comfortable. Instead of the regular cicled-shaped bathrooms this one had a special touch to it, it was more like a retancle. There were lots of fancy design on carpet, again nice lighting, we really enjoyed it. There are a few restaurants nearby, one is next door, but we decided to drive somewhere else. Locationwise the Budget Inn Motel Hotel is located directly central of the Bay area also close to the airport. making it easy to find. I don't know about the noise levels in the rooms facing the road, we were facing the parking lot and had a very quiet night. The next morning we enjoyed a really good breakfast. Selection was great, an employee was constantly checking if everything was still stocked all the way up to the end of breakfast hours (open until 10AM even during weekdays), the area was sufficiently large so that we found a table (others had returned to the comfortable sofas). Staying here was a very pleasant experience, the staff was great, the property is great, the standard is very high, probably one of the best Budget Inn Motel Hotel I have ever been to. We will gladly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed August 2012
7 Thank Mickhan80
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed 26 July 2012

NEVER AGAIN!
I wish there was away to give negative stars...This was probably the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in. I'm an ex Marine and for someone who is used to sleeping in dirt, and every condition... that says a lot. When we first came to the room it was one of their fine "renovated" rooms. There was no ventilation in the bathroom, mold growing on the floor, and behind the curtain. Blood stains on the towels. To top it off there was only one pillow. I'm all for just one pillow but if I'm paying 60 dollars a night, my fiance and I shouldn't have to fight over it. Stayed there 4 nights, took them 3 days to get a pillow..told me they were working on a solution to the shower curtain problem. They have a nice print out, explaining to "please bare with them during the remodeling process, back to normal soon" I did not know that 1) That means you cant have towels that are 15 years old. 2) More mold then a sea dock. 3) oh we post that our renovating was done in 2009 yet we are still working?! Yea, OK. I suggest anyone who is thinking about this place to avoid it! Even if your tight on money its a waste!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Jason R

Travellers are raving about these Hayward hotels

Rocklin, California
Reviewed 16 July 2012

over 40 minutes and 2 phone calls they wouldn't honor my reservation that I made on their very own website. Of course not, it was for a Summer Special of half the price that seemingly doesn't exist, they just want to gouge you for full price when you get there. Also on the phone with them and not on hold, he just set the phone on the counter while he talked to a 19 female that wanted to rent the room for a few hours, at first he didn't want to because she wasn't over 21, but I guess making money got the best of him, then he told her 80.00 a day, what does he think she was going to do in the room for a couple of hours???? What a terrible place to want to stay at. Who would want there kids to stay at a place with that owner and clientale.

Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank rayester
Sandpoint, Idaho, United States
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Thought it might he too good to be true: 3 stars on Orbitz for less than $60/night. It was far worse than terrible... dirty, stained carpets and upholstery, bad smell, many patches on walls (left unpainted) no cover on bathroom light fixture and a piece of the heater/air conditioner on the floor along with dirty mismatched baseboards. When we went to the office to say something, the desk clerk, and then the "supervisor" were unbelievably rude and then said no refund. Regardless, we weren't staying. Then they refused to let my wife see a receipt because they saw her talking to another "guest" who was also having her own issues with this dump.

Room Tip: Stay away. Get a room somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank acwooly
Burbank, California
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I was on a budget and guess what Budget Inn did to me? They charged $15 extra dollars per night for cleaning (60 bucks for 4 nights). I tried to cancel my stay and go somewhere else, but I what I had already paid was non-refundable.

The staff is friendly, the room was reasonably clean although small and in dire need of repairs. Having HBO was nice and so was the free internet and the breakfast. These are the highest points in addition to having a microwave and a fridge in the room. The bathroom is okay, but the room is old and there are holes on the carpet, it smells weird and the walls are very thin... we could hear the neighbors making out at 3AM. Gosh, they were having fun!!!

The neighborhood is quite noisy and the other guests are a bit trashy... There are better hotels in the area that are even cheaper. I really don't recommend this one. Want a friendly tip? A good night in Fremont (Yes, I am a real guest. No spam intended).

Room Tip: Unfortunately I can't recommend. It's a trap. Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 26 October 2011

First of all, this was a lesson learned for me...Drove from LA to Castro Valley to visit some relatives so I was looking for something reasonable since we will only be using this place to sleep and shower. We were going to be spending most of our time at my uncles house which less then 2 miles away. The Inn looks decent from the outside. The property is actually not bad given that parking is not a problem and the exterior seemed nice enough. I knew this was going to somewhat unpleasant as soon as I checked in. The guy from the front desk was staring me at in strange way and he was moving soo SLOW. After 6 hrs of drive, all I wanted was to get my room and settled in for a bit before we head out to my uncles place. It wasn't really bad but it felt a little weird the way he interacting. After a few more mins, he got us our keys and we headed to our room which was on ground floor. Initial reaction was - it smell dingy, like moist towel left to dry inside a room w/o circulation. We wanted to back out and changed hotel but they had a no refund policy so we were stuck for 3 nights. Next day, we wanted to borrow a blow dryer since the one in our room wasnt working, but the front desk lady was so unpleasant and all she said was they they don't have any extra one available. I wanted to know what other options we have but she just stared and same thing and then walked off. I wanted to complain more but I couldnt ruin my morning any further. Since then I tried to avoid interaction with any of their staff because it would just be a waste of time since they appear to be unwilling to help. Hope this is helpful for those who has other options in the area. I heard Castro Valley Inn is way better and at the same proce range.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else...Castro Valley Inn, I heard is way better
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank TabsterInc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayward
Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward
Vagabond Inn Executive Hayward
Best Western Plus Inn of Hayward
Quality Inn Hayward Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport
Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay

Been to Budget Inn of Hayward? Share your experiences!