“Nice For The Price”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Hayward
Reviewed 22 February 2013

The location was perfect for our busy trip. We only needed a place to park, sleep, shower and perhaps eat.
Free lighted parking was great and close to the door in the pouring rain..Everything looked clean and well kept. However, when we went into our clean room, as my husband opened the closet door, it came off the track. Then we could not figure out how to operate the remote control. They did send someone to rectify these problems. Other than that, we were very comfortable. It was quiet and there were lots of fluffy white towels. There were restaurants nearby as well.
In the morning, we went for the free breakfast. There was a waffle maker (nice) and batter, cereal, pastries, orange juice, coffee and hot water. To me, it was kind of skimpy. Yes, I would stay there again because of the cleanliness, price and the location.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Trackstars

Reviewed 3 September 2012

My husband and I stayed here in 2008 on a trip to San Fransisco. We loved the place and stayed for about three nights then as well as our recent stay of this week 8/29-9/1. We take the Bart system into SF.

The first time we stayed in 2008 we were on the first floor and the place actually won a 3 diamond that year from AAA. This time they had a new owner the place is still very nice but we notice the upkeep wasn't there. It wasn't bad but we noticed in our room on the second floor we had a broken drawer in the Mini kitchen and a few tiles missing from the kitchen as well. We told the front desk about the drawer and they never did fix it. The bathroom towel rack was coming off the wall and all it needed was a new screw in my opinion little stuff like that speaks volumes on the care of the place. The Lobby needed a fresh paint and carpet cleaning just little stuff like that. The elevator needed to be cleaned as well.

The First night of our recent trip we had very inconsiderate nieghbors above us. They were thumping and bumping around untill about 3:00a.m. along with a couple of other things. The third floor is the smoking floor so all the windows were open and we are sure that other people were hearing this too. Thank god it was only one night because I was going to request a different room.

My husband and I will not be back not because we didn't like the place or because of one bad nieghbor but basically because we know that the upkeep isn't there and when we come back in a couple of years it will need more work and that is really a shame because it really is a nice place. Choice Hotels has a very good reputation and unfortunately we have not had very good luck with them lately. It depends on the owners as well.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Terrie113
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This is one of the filthiest Choice Hotels I've stayed in, and I stay in this chain 5-10 days a month across the US. OK, there were no bed bugs, I always check. The bed was made although I'm not sure the sheets had been washed. They were old. The floor had not been vacuumed and you could see pieces of someone else's history stuck everywhere on the carpet. The table/workspace had not been wiped clean. The dishes had a greasy residue... etc. You get the picture. Worst of all, when I tried to wash a cup there were human hairs stuck in the dishcloth and drying towel. Holy $#@%! Stay away from this one. I wouldn't stay here again if they payed me their going rate. When I checked out early and told the front desk person why I was leaving sooner than planned (her hotel was a rat hole) she asked me if I wanted another room. Really?

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank steverinsc
Reviewed 24 December 2011

Not clean at all. Grossed me out. I feel very dirty being in the room. I wish I would have brought cleaning supplies with me.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank ImForgiven777
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I travel to the Bay Area a lot for work and was looking for a place I liked and would like to return to when I am in the area. The photos of this hotel looked nice. In reality it was among the filthiest hotel I have stayed in 15 years. And I have stayed in a lot of hotels. I was booked for 3 nights this trip. I stayed only one night and if it hadn't been such a long day I wouldn't have stayed at all. It is awful.

Room Tip: My tip: Don't stay here/ You will regret it. Filth abounds.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank Michael L
Reviewed 27 May 2011

i have stayed here a few times, alays feel at home here. good location for san fransisco.

Room Tip: all rooms are good.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 June 2010

This is a hotel for people on a budget. It is designed for extended stay. With that in mind it is a secure budget hotel, with a staff that tries to make your stay pleasant. The rooms are small but you have a stove, mico, refrig, work desk chairs, lounge chair and bed on in a small room. My room was clean and comfortable. When on a budget I would not hesitate to stay here

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business