“Great value, good location”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Hayward
Reviewed 23 June 2010

This is a hotel for people on a budget. It is designed for extended stay. With that in mind it is a secure budget hotel, with a staff that tries to make your stay pleasant. The rooms are small but you have a stove, mico, refrig, work desk chairs, lounge chair and bed on in a small room. My room was clean and comfortable. When on a budget I would not hesitate to stay here

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank smokym1

Reviewed 11 December 2009

I stayed here in Sept. '09 with a girlfriend on a leisure trip. Then it was just okay, but we were told renovations were underway. So when hubby and I planned a trip to visit family in Dec. we chose this since it was convenient and had the mini kitchens. We stayed 5 nights. The place is STILL undergoing reno, hardly any rooms were filled, and the one we had was way below average. The room above us had people in it for the last two nights of our stay and the noise was TERRIBLE!! The floors in our unit (#108) were filthy. The carpets made my feet/socks BLACK and there was visible dirt in the corners of the kitchen and bathroom floors. The wallpaper was torn and dirty, light switches were grubby and dirty, and the loveseat/sofa was dirty, tacky and full of stains. I re-washed all the dishes before we used them as I found the flatware sticky and greasy upon arrival. We had to call the manager to help get the closet door open. The bed was placed right up against the closet wall and the only way we could get the door open was to put the bed at an angle to barely open the door. This was POOR planning! The manager who was on duty when we checked in was excellent. He was helpful and friendly and was the only redeeming factor in our trip. We will not stay here again, even if reno is done.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank neeliec
Reviewed 13 May 2008

I enjoyed my four day stay here. It had a more personal feel to it , not overly large like some. The suite had and unexpected bonus for me.. A fridge , microwave, stove w/ kitchen ware and dishwasher what more can you ask for !.
I will be back !

Sonya watson

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2008

We stayed here for the weekend after reading the other trip advisors. After arriving we noticed how filthy our room was. The couch was so dirty we wouldn't even sit on it. In the bathroom everything was dirty but what was the topper was the hairy mold growing above the shower. All the pillow cases had stains and then another room had a big whole in their sheets (we were staying with a group of 10 rooms). Then there was a big whole in our screen of the window. There is a bar right next door with loud music which would be OK but the walls are paper thin, so you can even hear the person in the next room snoring.

• Stayed: April 2008
2  Thank conzfamily
Reviewed 13 January 2008

The suite is like a furnished studio apartment with full size refrig, half size stove and all the kitchen ware like dishes, bowl, forks, spoon ...etc. The sofa is a sofa bed and the bed is extremely comfortable.

If you don't need fancy lobby but just a convenient place to stay for weeks, this seems to be a great choice. There are many fortune 500 companies around and many business relocation people use this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled on business
4  Thank crossroads77
Reviewed 26 October 2007

We're a family of six and finding one room to accomodate all of us is usually quite difficult if not impossible. I was very impressed by the kitchen facilities of MainStay, the wonderful front desk people (I think we met at least 4 or 5 different people during our week long stay) and the security. We showed up around 11pm or later on a weekday after traveling all day (from the Mexico/Belize border) and I was a little worried leaving the rental in the lot. There were a number of teens hanging around and I wondered if people weren't simply living in the hotel. The hanging around teens were WONDERFUL though and I never felt the least bit unsafe. The beds were ok and hte sofabed was awful but everything was quite clean and the kitchen was wonderfully stocked. The breakfast was a BOON to my 4 sugar loving kids but it would be nice to throw some protein in with all the sugar stuff. I would definitely recommend Mainstay Suites in Hayway; you're walking distance to Target, Goodwill and a grocery store too! One caveat; their norm for housekeeping is every other day; not daily. But you can ask for daily service.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank jamnkats
Reviewed 7 August 2007

I had just moved to the Bay Area, and was having trouble getting my living arrangements finalized. I originally had my reservations at MainStay for 1 week, on the 7th day pushed it back to 2 weeks, and on the 14th day pushed it back 3 more days. The staff were always polite and accomodating, housekeeping made up my room 5-6 times per week (more than expected). The room was very clean, full size fridge, dishwasher, 2 burner rangetop, microwave....very easy to cook your own food and save money.

The Hayward area doesn't have much to offer, but there is a Target and strip mall 1/2 block away (and of couse a Starbucks), as well as an excellent Sushi bar across the street. There is a BART station about 1.75 miles away, I never felt unsafe walking to and from there, even at night.

Hopefully this is my last time in Hayward, but I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a modestly priced hotel in the East Bay.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled solo