“All Prospective Visitors are Criminals”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Hayward
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Hayward
Carmichael, California
“All Prospective Visitors are Criminals”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

I tried to make a reservation at this hotel, where I have stayed occasionally over the past several years. Unlike past vists, this hotel now wants to put an additional $100.00 hold on your credit/debit card for "incidentals.". This is for an $80 room. Best Western was not helpful and would not intervene, saying this rogue operator can set his or her own rules. Needless to say, I easily found a nice room without the $100 hold for "incidentals" nearby..

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Turkish first
san bernardino, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

had a horrible experience at budget inn of Hayward, called best western got a friendly, courteous reservation specialist that helped us out of a horrible hotel situation with the budget inn. immediately we had a room and friendly hotel staff to welcome us and a much needed hot bath. and the hotel was great after such a horrible experience, thanks

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Ontario, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Room is big and not cramped. The hotel is right next to a busy highway and my room was on that side side. Traffic is noisey all night long but might be much better on the other side. The breakfast is a good - hot sausage, eggs and waffles - but it never changes. Could spice it up a bit. The room was clean and the staff is very nice and very helpful. The bed was great, nice and firm. The WiFi internet was poor. Hard to get on and stay on and sometimes I could get email but not send or go to websites.(not my computer). No cable port so forced to WiFi. Room was very close to lobby so distance could not be an issue. Given all that I would still recommend this hotel.

Encinitas, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

I was there on business for a few weeks. My wife joined me the first 2 weeks. She was able to get out and about for food and shopping while I was at work. The hotel was in a good location for work and to find good places to eat. The room was clean and quiet and the staff treated me well. The breakfast room was good with a kind lady serving up the food if needed. Thank You.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

California, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

I was not pleases with the internet speed or ability, very slow at peak hours, slow enough to time out. I have not had this problem at other BW Hotels so it is not my computer i use for my work needs. Room was not filthy but needed some wall cleaning in areas. Breakfast was decent. Not a bad place to stay for the money charged. Kind of a rough neighborhood but experienced no problems in that regard.

Fresno, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

This property is OK but it isn't up to Best Western Plus Standards. The WiFi was marginal at best and I had it required extra efforts on my part to get the access code. Finding the Breakfast room again required extra effort on my part and I noticed that the breakfast room started closing just a bit before the advertised 9:30 AM. As they were closing (early) a guest arrived for breakfast and had to exert a bit of pressure to be accommodated. None of this was terrible but was far below what I expect in a Best Western Plus. The property was what I expect from a BW, not a BW+ and the staff was a notch below any BW. Nothing was terrible and it was still at least as good as I've come to expect from a Ramada, Quality Inn or Comfort Inn. The room was clean & comfortable with everything in operational condition. The price was amazingly low for the general San Francisco Bay area so it was still a great value.

Room Tip: Make the extra effort at check-in to get WiFi access codes and the location/hours/etc of any facilit...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
BWHayward, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Hayward, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. Please visit us in a few months to see our newly renovations.

Hotel Management
West Linn, OR
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

Nice staff, good central location, close to freeway. Mysterious substance came forth from whirlpool jets in bathroom, used dental floss found on bathroom floor. Breakfast just ok, had semi-synthetic tasting egg-omelette things, cold sausage.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank DavidWestLinn_OR
BWHayward, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Hayward, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear David:

Thank you for your guest review of our Hotel.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We would also like to take the time to apologize for your inconvenience. We are currently looking into your issues and why your standards were not met. our property is currently undergoing small renovation which requires the water to be shut off when supply restored you may get a back wash effect from boilers. We will be sure to correct issue so that this will not happen again. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayward
Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport
Quality Inn Hayward Hotel
Vagabond Inn Executive Hayward
Fairfield Inn & Suites Oakland Hayward
The Marina Inn on San Francisco Bay

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Hayward? Share your experiences!