“Excellent - All the Way Around”

Quality Inn Hayward Hotel
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Hayward
Reviewed 24 August 2011

I can't say enough good things about our experience at the Hayward Comfort Inn. The room was spacious - nicely decorated and very quiet. Also there is wi-fi in the rooms for no additional cost. The staff was more than accomodating from the front desk receptionists to the breakfast coordinator. The breakfast, which was complementary, was varied, delicious and plentiful. I would definitely recommend a stay at the Comfort Inn if you are planning a trip to Hayward.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Hayward Hotel

Reviewed 13 August 2011

My son and I stayed here while attending orientation at CSU East Bay. We had a room with two beds, and it was so small that the bathroom door just barely cleared the bed when you opened it. (In fact, the first time I opened the door, the door hit my son's foot as he was lying with it dangling over the edge of the bed.) The room was clean, but quite dated and worn. The complimentary breakfast was disappointing - they ran out of the eggs and bacon, the packaged bagel was inedible, and the breakfast room was so crowded that we barely could get our food and had to then bring it back to our room to eat.

There is construction going on on Mission Boulevard, so things get noisy early in the morning.

The one giant plus was the front desk lady who was very nice and efficient at her job. However, I think we'll try another hotel in the area the next time we return.

Room Tip: Get a room away from Mission Boulevard so you don't hear the construction crews and the steady s...
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I made my reservation before I read the awful reviews (drug dealers and prostitutes) about this hotel. I thought I had made the reservation cancellation timelines, and then found out I would have had to cancel the reservation before I made it!! It was definitely not clear on the hotel site, or on Hotels .com frankly, that I would in effect not be able to cancel. The receptionist/hotel clerk ws definitely not helpful, or gracious, either.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sfmaria101
Reviewed 2 August 2011

First of all, the staff is very friendly and accommodating (we dealt with Melanie). After checking in we received a call from her to ask us how the room was and if we needed anything else (great personable touch, doesn't make you feel like you're just another guest).

The rooms are clean and very spacious. Everything works and it's very well kept.

Location-wise it's not bad at all. Close to the highway. There's a variety of restaurants close by, but these are mostly Asian cuisine. If you're looking for American food, try the Applebee's which is a 5 min drive away on the other side of the highway.

Had a very pleasant stay and would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 26 July 2011

This was a great place to stay, very clean and a nice room. The desk staff was exceptional they went way above and beyond to accommodate us. I was pleased to see all companies have not lost good customer service. If you want to see San Francisco, stay here for 1/3 of the price and catch the BART, (location is very close) it only costs $9.10 round trip and there is no hassel or wait. The staff at this Inn made our vacation fantastic, THANKS A LOT!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kansas046
Reviewed 23 July 2011

I chose Comfort Inn because of it's convenient location. When I first arrived there was an ambulance that came to pick up one of the guest. Also, the registration clerk looked worried because of that. She registered me in silence pretty much. I don't remember her saying Thank You or anything but I do remember she did look worried because of the ambulance perhaps?

I did ask for an upper floor. However, there was no elevator. My mom, who stayed with me, had a hard time using the stairs but she made it. It's only about 18 steps.

I woke up the next morning to have breakfast. I went down at 6:15 a.m. but the lobby area was locked. The clerk saw me but didn't open the door. I believe they serve breakfast from 6:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.

As far as the room is concerned...it's a nice, clean, comfortable room with well-stocked items (i.e., towels, soap, shampoo, lotion). The TV remote control was clean too. The A/C worked well and pretty much my mom and I slept well. I would probably come back one day - we'll see.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2011

I would definitiely recommmend this hotel. The staff is ver y helpful and courteous and has many suggestions for the area. The rooms are very comfortable and have more than expectectec i.e. microwavce, covveepfort , frig. The beds are comfy and clean and the showe is very nuce, Thebreakfast in the morning is hot and delicious--prretty much something for everyone. THere is a nice pool and small gym as well. All in all , this is a good deal for the rate and the location is very certranal as well.

Wwe would definitely stay here again--great value for a fair price!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple