“Stay was okay but overall experience not too good...does that make sense?”

Quality Inn Hayward Hotel
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Hayward
Sacramento, California
“Stay was okay but overall experience not too good...does that make sense?”
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Stayed here with my wife and two teens age sons. Arrived late, about 10PM and I must admit I was somewhat nervous about the neighborhood. It's not the most inviting place and I wouldn't venture out at night.

We checked in and were given a good size room. We were pretty pleased and began to settle in. In the process of moving pillows on one of the beds I discovered a bunch of little dead bugs. Eww! No way my kids were sleeping in that bed. The only other room with two beds was considerably smaller, but we had to take it. I don't think the room was dirty, but somehow the area under the pillow had gotten damp leading to the bugs. Not sure but we didn't find bugs anywhere else.

On to breakfast. Area was a little cramped and the food was sub-par, but acceptable. There was a young lady there that hovered about. I suspect she was a relative (daughter?) forced to work there. She clearly did not like her job. Fine. But on the second or third day we witnessed a group of guests get in a heated argument with her because she took all the food away before they could eat. The back story being those guests had originally entered the dining area but there was no place to sit so they stepped into the front desk area to complete some other business. During that time 9:30 came and she cleared out all the food. Actually I think it was 9:25 or so. All that is really irrelevant, what happened after is what really tainted everything. She was hollering at the guest (of course the guest was shouting back as well) but at one point she repeatedly told the guest to "shut up". Who treats guests that way!? I was shocked. And the manager did little to defuse the situation. He could have simply said, "breakfast normally ends at 9:30 but we'll allow you to get something to eat". But he didn't. He basically just justified her, but in a calmer tone.

Our second room was okay, the overall stay wasn't too bad, but I would never go back because of what I witnessed. No staff should treat their guest that way.

Room Tip: Adjacent road is noisy, get a room as far away as possible.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank nyrkik

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed 10 July 2012 via mobile

I was very happy with my experience at this hotel. The bed was very comfy and the rooms were nice and clean. The staff were friendly and I was pleased with the continental breakfast. They offered yogurt, fruit, waffles, bagels, juice, cereal, etc. The only thing I wish would've been better was the exercise room. However, I was still able to get a workout in. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
Laguna Niguel, California
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Be careful, I was lied to as soon as I arrived. How, I checked in at 4:30 on a Wednesday. When the young lady at the desk told me where the room was, the area was already clustered with cars, so I asked for another room in an area where it was possible to park. I was told no.

This really is not the real issue, the place sits on a very busy (all Night) street. You won't get any sleep, and then at breakfast, the food was not anything to look forward to.

Politely, at checkout I tried to inform the front desk about my experience, the lady (different one) said she couldn't do anything about it, she only worked there.

Room Tip: Stay off the street
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Chaz H
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Flew up to the Bay area for an uncle's funeral and our stay at the Comfort Inn in Hayward on Mission Blvd was so pleasant and stress-free. At check-in, Yodit, the front desk person, was very pleasant and friendly and helpful. Couldn't ask for a nicer experience with her. Our entire stay went very smoothly, and she was also there when we checked out to make sure we were taken care of. The breakfast included with the room was generous and tasty, and with the early morning start to our days during our stay, we were thankful for the convenience of having it. it I would stay there again. Thank you!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Miaow59
Norwalk, California
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Great customer service all the way around from the Front desk to the attendant at the complimentary breakfast area. Very pleasant stay!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Lou S
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice and both times they have made a great impression on me. The manager remembers all her guests names and also recommends other locations wherever I may be traveling next. She even called the manager of another hotel chain to secure a better rate for me. The facility is newly remodeled and very clean. The breakfast area is large and comfortable. I will definitely stay here when traveling to Hayward in the future.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank John F
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 25 January 2012

This hotel exceeds expectations in all areas for a reasonable hotel near a large metro area. The rooms are clean and comfortable. It was quiet, with no audible traffic noise. There are no bedbugs. The room includes a microwave and refrigerator in addition to a real coffee maker, not that Kurig type that only allows single cups of coffee and has no ability to produce hot water for tea or instant soup snacks. The maid staff was very efficient and even plastic-wrapped the basket with fresh coffee and tea each day. The breakfast room is small but the food is plentiful and fresh. The breakfast service employee greeted us each morning with a cheerful "good morning" and smile. In addition, she was always in the room refilling and cleaning so there was never a time when the food had run out or the tables were dirty. The front desk staff is very helpful and friendly, always ready with a smile and friendly greeting. They are willing and able to help with both tourist information and business assistance (where is the post office, fedex, make an emergency copy, etc. In addition to free wi-fi that actually works, there is a small computer station in the breakfast room. It is located close to the freeway and has quick easy access to a day in San Francisco, Oakland or San Jose. It is also close to the BART station if you prefer to ride into the city (with no parking fee). The town of Hayward is a cute example of a friendly little village and added enjoyment with little restaurants and shops. Note if you are travelling with children, there is no pool at this location

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Linda P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayward
Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward
Best Western Plus Inn of Hayward
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport
Vagabond Inn Executive Hayward
Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay
Fairfield Inn & Suites Oakland Hayward

Been to Quality Inn Hayward Hotel? Share your experiences!