“Color me surprised” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Hayward
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Color me surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

I'm not a big comfort inn guy, so when I had to stay here on a business trip I was kind of skeptical. Even more so when I was driving through the surrounding area at night looking for the place. But this inn was very clean. Simple stay, no big amenities, but surprised nonetheless. The breakfast wasn't to be desired, but it was a comfort inn still.

But for overall value outside of the city, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Fernley, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

I have stayed at a few Comfort Inns, and the one Hayward, California is absolutely the best. In fact, I have been staying here on a regular basis for quite awhile. The rooms are very spacious and clean. They offer a very nice breakfast (waffles, eggs, bacon, yogurt, pastries, etc.) and FREE Internet. The staff is great, willing to do what they can to ensure my stay is enjoyable. I truly love staying here and highly recommend the Comfort Inn in Hayward. There is a large selection of places to stay in the Bay Area but I would choose to stay here every time. Actually there are several places closer to my assignment but I prefer to stay here for the above reasons and also because I am a single female and feel safe and comfortable here.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

Stayed here with my wife and two teens age sons. Arrived late, about 10PM and I must admit I was somewhat nervous about the neighborhood. It's not the most inviting place and I wouldn't venture out at night.

We checked in and were given a good size room. We were pretty pleased and began to settle in. In the process of moving pillows on one of the beds I discovered a bunch of little dead bugs. Eww! No way my kids were sleeping in that bed. The only other room with two beds was considerably smaller, but we had to take it. I don't think the room was dirty, but somehow the area under the pillow had gotten damp leading to the bugs. Not sure but we didn't find bugs anywhere else.

On to breakfast. Area was a little cramped and the food was sub-par, but acceptable. There was a young lady there that hovered about. I suspect she was a relative (daughter?) forced to work there. She clearly did not like her job. Fine. But on the second or third day we witnessed a group of guests get in a heated argument with her because she took all the food away before they could eat. The back story being those guests had originally entered the dining area but there was no place to sit so they stepped into the front desk area to complete some other business. During that time 9:30 came and she cleared out all the food. Actually I think it was 9:25 or so. All that is really irrelevant, what happened after is what really tainted everything. She was hollering at the guest (of course the guest was shouting back as well) but at one point she repeatedly told the guest to "shut up". Who treats guests that way!? I was shocked. And the manager did little to defuse the situation. He could have simply said, "breakfast normally ends at 9:30 but we'll allow you to get something to eat". But he didn't. He basically just justified her, but in a calmer tone.

Our second room was okay, the overall stay wasn't too bad, but I would never go back because of what I witnessed. No staff should treat their guest that way.

Room Tip: Adjacent road is noisy, get a room as far away as possible.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank nyrkik

Travellers are raving about these Hayward hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012 via mobile

I was very happy with my experience at this hotel. The bed was very comfy and the rooms were nice and clean. The staff were friendly and I was pleased with the continental breakfast. They offered yogurt, fruit, waffles, bagels, juice, cereal, etc. The only thing I wish would've been better was the exercise room. However, I was still able to get a workout in. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
Laguna Niguel, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

Be careful, I was lied to as soon as I arrived. How, I checked in at 4:30 on a Wednesday. When the young lady at the desk told me where the room was, the area was already clustered with cars, so I asked for another room in an area where it was possible to park. I was told no.

This really is not the real issue, the place sits on a very busy (all Night) street. You won't get any sleep, and then at breakfast, the food was not anything to look forward to.

Politely, at checkout I tried to inform the front desk about my experience, the lady (different one) said she couldn't do anything about it, she only worked there.

Room Tip: Stay off the street
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Chaz H
Rancho Cucamonga, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

Flew up to the Bay area for an uncle's funeral and our stay at the Comfort Inn in Hayward on Mission Blvd was so pleasant and stress-free. At check-in, Yodit, the front desk person, was very pleasant and friendly and helpful. Couldn't ask for a nicer experience with her. Our entire stay went very smoothly, and she was also there when we checked out to make sure we were taken care of. The breakfast included with the room was generous and tasty, and with the early morning start to our days during our stay, we were thankful for the convenience of having it. it I would stay there again. Thank you!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Miaow59
Norwalk, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

Great customer service all the way around from the Front desk to the attendant at the complimentary breakfast area. Very pleasant stay!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Lou S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayward
Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward
BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Hayward
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Oakland Hayward
Castro Valley Inn
Castro Valley Inn
#3 of 5 in Castro Valley
Days Inn Hayward Airport

Been to Quality Inn Hayward Hotel? Share your experiences!