“Good 2-nite Business Trip”

Days Inn & Suites Hayward
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Hayward
Fresno, California
“Good 2-nite Business Trip”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Generally clean room-- no odors. In-room coffee maker with 4 cup carafe (not brewing directly into ONE cup, as i recently experienced at a large and expensive facility in Las Vegas). I think this motel attracts a clientele who value and appreciate a good night's sleep. Other patrons were very quiet, and based on the cars in the parking lot-- they were mostly blue collar or business people who will rise early, and a few families. My room was located in the mid-rear of the facility on 2nd floor. Floor-standing fridge with small freezer inside. Great for my lunch box freezer pak. Free WiFi worked great (again, very nice amenity-- unlike a recent troublesome experience at a large and expensive facility in Las Vegas). The continental breakfast was basic and adequate with fruit, pastry, juice, milk and cereal. As for reservations and check-in; I used their 6pm hold and then got into the infamous bay area traffic!!! So I just called the front desk from my car while crawling along 880 at 15 miles per hour and told Justin I would be there and desperately needed the room because I had a 8AM meeting the next morning. When I finally arrived, Justin greeted me by name as i dragged myself thru the lobby door. One note about the neighborhood-- the the 238 road construction project affects Mission Blvd and makes things look much worse than they really are. The sign says it is to be completed by Spring 2013. I really do think Hwy 238 corridor improvement project will help the area re-build its way out of the blight and poverty that appears to dominate the area. Give it a chance. As a woman traveling with business, I had no safety or security issues while staying in this motel or attending lengthy meetings located on Industrial Blvd in Hayward. One should also note, this Days Inn property is very close to CSU-Hayward.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Brenda G
Genna P, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Hayward, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank for addressing your concerns of our hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Tustin, California
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Excellent stay right from the extreme courtesy of Bill, Manager, from when we first arrived...clean rooms that were quiet and comfortable...park outside your room...5 minute drive to BART or a 20 minute drive into SF downtown...there are folks paying more to park their cars in other hotels than you pay to stay here...nice continental style breakfast too...would come back in a heartbeat...rooms with micros and fridges...

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank your for your review.
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 11 June 2012

The hotel room was clean but the beds were very soft that if two people were in them they sunk to the middle. The neighborhood is very questionable. There was a homeless man that went door to door, so make sure things are locked up. You would be fine during the day but not so fine at night. The breakfast was very basic. The front desk employee was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I've not seen Hayward since 2005, when the condos? around the BART station were being built. It now looks like down town Oakland, but not terrible. The new residents don't seem to care about their garbage. I walk the area in the dark, but I'm not afraid of people who look differently from myself. The check-in could have been a tad more professional, but it was adequate and friendly. As a Vegan vegetarian, I wish there were healthier restaurants in the area; but, they're all in SF. I forgot about the Vietnamese place in Olde Town Oakland, I'lll look for it. I checked the bed for signs of bedbugs, and saw none when I checked in. A micro and a 'fridge is more than you'll find in the cheaper chain, Wi-Fi is free. For those who earlier stated that they were "afraid" or "ghetto," wake up! The U.S. is multicultural/racial, did you simply forget what the Statue of Liberty says? Afraid because you have never visited beyond your own gated communities - stay there! We don't need people like you in California. Although the place looks "dated," it is not bad at all. If you want the 4 Seasons, pay for it. So far, the only disappointing thing about this place, is the location; for me, I'd like it closer to BART, but that would be too scary for some of you. The soap isn't the best, I have my own soap. Picky, picky, picky..... I have instant oatmeal, ground flax, and dried blueberries for breakfast - 1 minute in the micro. The room service menu contains too much sugar, fat, and cholesterol for me, I don't trust most restaurants. I'll have dinner away from Hayward. I am already a member of Bally's, so fitness was a breeze. Overall; not the best, not the worst.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank salmanal
Thank you for your review.
los angeles
Reviewed 20 August 2011

When I arrived I was a bit taken back with the general feel of the hotel. It's pretty run down and looks like a motel you'd see in a movie where horrible things happen, basically a hooker hotel. I was prepared to stay my 4 days I had commited to until the next day after one night of sleeping in that bed I was covered in bites.. I must of had at least 60 what looked like flea bites on me. It was pretty ugly. .sadly I knew what bed bug bites looked like and it wasn't that. The room smelled of a dog so I'm sure it was fleas. Well I checked the hell out of there asap had I slept another night in that bed I'd of been a flea bitten disaster by the next morning. Anyway there's really nothing redeeming about this place in the slightest. It's one of the worst hotels I've ever seen and I've seen quite a few in my travels.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank HandsumMuscle
Apologize your stay was unpleasant.

Travellers are raving about these Hayward hotels

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 6 August 2011

The service is great and the room was large, clean, and had all the amenities that I could possibly need. The manager, "Genna" was awesome. Cheaphotels.org screwed up my reservation but Genna took care of the matter and made my stay wonderful. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Mattfoleymotivation
We appreciate your review.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Part #1 of this review, just found this place on line. and it sounds good, so myself and a friend plan to stay and check it out for our selves, but I am very curious,since the reviews were not good at all.... but I do plan to do a follow up.... If it is true what I have read in the reviews, ????it is so sad, because I can promise you that this Days Inn & Suites will be history..... My stay will be the 4th week in July..... Stay tuned.....???????? T.W & Thomas

Room Tip: Room Inspection in JULY.....