“HORRIBLE”

Days Inn & Suites Hayward
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Hayward
“HORRIBLE”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

MY ROOM HAD BED BUGS! Better bring your own towels because theirs are TERRIBLE, the whole room was gross I didn't even sit on the toilet seat not wanting to trust whether they bothered to clean or not. Had to buy flip flops to shower and there was chips behind my bed. There was a coffee stain on the night table when I got my room and remained there for the rest of my stay. When the cleaning lady was changing the towels she placed the CLEAN ones on top of the dusty air conditioner outside the room then proceeded to put them inside our bathroom. Don't bother coming here you're better off sleeping in your car.

• Stayed August 2012
Genna P, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Hayward, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Our apology, Hotel has Pest Control Company on regular service to avoid any future pest problem.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 27 June 2013

What a total jerk. I called due to a charge on my clients card. He was obnoxious, unprofessional and extremely rude on the phone. He even hung up on me when I asked him if he was a "ms or Mr" He had a very low voice, yet said his/her name was Gina? Was hard to tell. Yelled that I was discriminating and hung up... makes me wonder about this property if they have "managers" like this! Wont book my clients in a Days Inn after this experience again!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank kelli s
No Comment

Travellers are raving about these Hayward hotels

Hayward, California
Reviewed 9 June 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 28 days while in the process of job interviewing, starting my job, and looking for an apartment. It had some issues that were not as advertised but not so bad that we left. Just be advised...there is no consistent internet (as in, none usually) and there is no promised access to a nearby fitness facility. First, the GOOD: It was CHEAP, and since we were staying for an extended period, that was a big deal. Also, the room didn't stink and there weren't any bedbugs. The managers, Genna and Bill were as helpful as they could be, given that the manager didn't seem committed to making the place nice. It's a very close walk to a good Indian restaurant and also a Mexican restaurant called El Jaliscience (sp?) Next, the BAD: Of the 28 days we stayed there, we only had internet for 5 of those days... that's right, only about 18% of our stay. This was a major problem for a few reasons: My partner was in school full-time online, and the promised Wifi did not exist. We had to buy a personal Verizon hot spot so that he could attend school and finish finals. Also, their TV channel selection sucks bigtime, so it would've been nice to be able to stream Netflix or something while cooped up in the motel. We wound up paying $10 per 1GB for the hotspot, and looking at craigslist apartment ads with photos took a fair amount of data. If you need internet for work, job hunting or apartment hunting, expect to buy it elsewhere because it's an ongoing problem at this motel. To add insult to injury, they acted at first like I must just not know how to access it, even though my computer had hit their network before. The guy came out to "fix" it once. (He lives way far away somewhere. Why is he their service provider? Somebody's brother or what?) The next day it was down again. From what I understand, this drama has been going on for years, so don't expect it fixed anytime soon. As regards access to Bally's gym, when I asked I was given a cardboard card given out by trainers with my name written in. I was told that it probably wouldn't be honored at Bally's because they have problems with a manager over there, so I didn't even bother.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
We apologize that we do not meet your needs. We will address your concerns to evaulate towards better service.
Albion
Reviewed 23 May 2013

The internet went down the day after I arrived, and wasn't restored until the day before I left. They gave me a refund of $71 for the inconvenience, which I appreciate, but . . .

Also, you need more TV channels--PBS, CNBC, MSNBC, etc.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Robert C
Our apologies for not meeting your expectations.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 22 May 2013

This place was a nightmare!!! Although I had made reservation via the 1-800-DAYS-INN call center AND received an email confirmation stating my room was guaranteed, they front desk staff cancelled my reservation. To add insult to injury, when questioned about it, the front esk clerk, Gabe, was flippant and rude. It wasn't until after a 1.5 hour phone call with the 1-800-DAYS-INN call center that "Gabe" found me a different hotel. (Various family members had reserved rooms because we were in the area for my brother's graduation from UC Berkeley.) However, that was in a substandard property, smoking room; not good for my three kids (2-11 y/o), wife, and me! To make matters worse, when the manager, Gina, called me to resolve my complaint, she refused to fully reimburse me for my expenses. She too was rude and unalarmed about the gravity of the situation. If you want to stay where folks are going to do the right thing, you better pick a different property!!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!!!